Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,973   Online: 898

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

B&w slide tried and true process

Kodak T-Max 100 (@100)

First development: Tetenal Eukobrom 1+5 (42ml) for 11 minutes at 20°C, add 125ml of a 2% di sodium hypo concentrate (equalling 2,5g of the same chemical specimen in 250ml), 1 inversion of 5 seconds every 15 seconds; diluition guideline: 125ml → 167ml → 250ml; start with 125ml of a 2% sodium hypo, then add 42 ml of developer (up to 167ml) then add water up to 250ml;

Washing: modified Ilford method 5/10/20/20 with tap water adding EDTA 2g/l;

Bleaching: 4g potassium permanganate in 1000ml of pure distilled water (stock solution A), 40g sodium bisulfate in 1000ml of pure distilled water (stock solution B); mix in a separate container 62ml from stock A and 125ml from stock B, then top it off to 250ml with pure distilled water; 5 minutes using constant agitation; it's paramount to prepare this solution just before use;

Clearing: 25g sodium metabisulphite in 1000ml of pure distilled water, 2 minutes using 1 inversion of 5 seconds every 15 seconds;

II° exposure: at the distance of 10 cm from a fluorescent bulb exposing for 1 minute each side of the spiral, mantaining it on the tank full of pure distilled water;

II° development: Tetenal Eukobrom 1+9 (25ml) for 6 minutes at 20°C (for other temperatures check the Ilford Conversion Table), 1 inversion of 5 seconds every 15 seconds;

Fixing: add 5m of Tetenal Härter to 30ml of Agfa Agefix and then top it off to 250ml; treat for 5 minutes, 1 inversion of 5 seconds every 15 seconds;

Photo-flo: add 0,25ml of Agfa Agepon to 250ml of pure distilled water;

Hang to dry in a dust free environment (I use a home made film dryer using a Toyota air intake filter and a hair dryer under a big plastic bag)
    Last edited by Alessandro Serrao; 04-24-2007 at 04:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Could you explain all the EDTA, it seems excessive and should be totally unnecessary.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Could you explain all the EDTA, it seems excessive and should be totally unnecessary.
    I live in a very hard water area.
    The parameters are:

pH 7,5
    conductivity 546us/cm
    Ca 98 mg/l
    Hardness 32 °F
    Cl 6,5 mg/l

so it's logical, at least for me, using a wash water with the EDTA as the sequestring agent for the Ca.
    This allows me to save the distilled water for mixing the chemicals only.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Save your money and buy a cheap water filter, usually used to filter the Ca out of water to stop kettles furring up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Save your money and buy a cheap water filter, usually used to filter the Ca out of water to stop kettles furring up.
    The Brita type of filters?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes or similar, I have one just for photo use.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes or similar, I have one just for photo use.
    It's cheaper the EDTA here in Italy.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images

First developer question

hello Alessandro
    I am not familiar with Tetenal Eukobrom here in Canada. Have you ever used Ilford PQ Universal (as per the ILford recipe) in your reversal process? I am asking because your initial developer appears quite dilute in comparison to ILford's recipe. I have tried ILford's reversal process previously without much success BUT want to try again using specifically your bleach recipe and instructions. Do you know if the Ilford developer instructions and recipe will produce the desired original negative or will perhaps the density be too high?
    thanks
    david drake

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm not familiar with the PQ developer by Ilford but all I have done is follow the diluition rate on the bottle of the Eukobrom so I guess you could do the same with the PQ bottle as a starting point...
    Consider only the paper diluition...

Rate the film it's nominal speed. It's very important to use all solutions at the very same temperature and use the permanganate instantly after mixed.
    Also is important to use distilled water for mixing the bleach.

Use tap water (with the EDTA if hard) only for the intermediate washings.
    Last edited by Alessandro Serrao; 04-24-2007 at 06:55 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    1st development: Tetenal Eukobrom 1+5 (42ml) for 11 minutes at 20°C
    Alessandro, I realized that I incorrectly read your recipe. I assumed that the 42ml. of developer was working strength but it is really syrup from the bottle? If the 42ml. is syrup then the total volume of 250 ml. of developer (with hypo added) is a 1+5 dilution. In this way, the developer is the same strength as the Ilford recipe.
    However, I am still confused as to the hypo ammount. A 2% hypo solution would be 2g/litre and so 250 ml. would have .5 g? I'm not sure how you get 2.5 g/250 ml.?
    The Ilford recipe calls for 3g/250 ml.

thanks
    david

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin