Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,721   Online: 792

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Arches Platine for alternative process

Arches Platine is available again, try your usual source. If not contact Orange Art in CT 18002538975 two sizes 22x30 and 30x44. It's a little more absorbent than before but makes very good prints.I find I can increase amount of sensitizer to get great blacks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are you single or double coating the paper.

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Arches Platine double or single coat

I suggest the result is as good by just increasing the amount of sensitizer with one coat. Also use a combination of coating rod/tube plus finishing with brush.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hi Martin,

I have also just received the new paper last week... But I have am not experiencing what you saying about it being more absorbent. I am having the opposite problem infact, but I'm in Flagstaff, AZ, very dry here. Humidification alone has not helped, but some added ilfotol has helped.

Can you enlighten me as the the reason for the reformulation?

Corey Allen

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Arches Platine double or single coat

yes it's tough to print in that low a humidity. You should probably build a humidity chamber to get the paper to at least 50% humidity.
    You might also add some water to your solution to help coat.
    I think using a coating rod or tube first then a soft non absorbent blending brush would help. Experiment with different amounts of drying time. But I think just get it to the point of looking dry and then expose.
    You might also humidify the paper again before developing, you should start to get a strong image before you develop.
    I hope this helps.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin