Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,606   Online: 1138

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

C P Goerz AG Dagor f= 30 cm 1:6,8 and f=36 cm 1:7,7 Design Paper

Zeiss Archive paper , only Goerz paper remained in all Zeiss Archive. Find attached paper.

By the way , It would be very nice to see images and pictures of above lenses If there is any owner one of these lenses.

Umut
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 08-29-2013 at 07:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also have an earlier CPG Berlin Dagor, a 240mm #260383. I'm pretty sure this one was made after the lens was recalculated to use newly available types of glass, but maybe not. It behaves very much the same as the 30cm.
    Inoticed the date on your drawings, 1926. This was very close to the date Zeiss acquired Goerz and formed Zeiss-Ikon in 1926.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Wonderful ! If you noticed , there are writings per lens , one with ink pen and newer one with the carbon pencil. I saw BAF at one of the later written pencil notes. BAF reminds me Barium Fluoride . Do you know when BAF invented , I invested to google but could not find.
    If later lenses is fluoride based , they say they are very sensitive to atmosphere. I have 111mm f:1.5 Fluro Ektar and 10 pounds weight and what an amazing lens. I advise you to hold your lenses with hand and look to someone at night. If you see the detail , noise , plasticity , shadow , skin detail increase , curves are more visible , you would notice that your lens sees more than the eye.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    E, you really should take a look at Eric Beltrando's site www.dioptrique.info. He has prescriptions for > 1,000 lenses, including some made by Goerz and Dagor clones from other makers, taken from patents and, in the case of Boyer lenses, Boyer's archives.

Eric wrote a ray-tracing program 030 that may still be available for download. He used it to evaluate lenses in a variety of ways, the results are posted with the prescriptions. Mustafa, you may find the spot diagrams illuminating.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Dan,

I had been contacted with that gentleman years ago , but I had lost the address. Thank you reminding that one of the best site on web.
    I want to ask , what does it mean that final negative coma analysis final result from one example lens. Does it mean there is still a error , or does it mean there is a excellence ?
    I cant wait , I will open a thread. And how do we need to comment on spot diagrams ?

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Eric Beltrando's site www.dioptrique.info.
    This is impressive site! I would not be surprised if LOMO guys are already looking in this site and searching what to resurrect next after success of Petzval project .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin