Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,597   Online: 1101

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Leitz and Anomalous Dispersion Glass under dim light

Anomalous dispersion (AD) glass is a special type of optical glass that is used to achieve more precise control of chromatic aberrations, thereby enhancing overall imaging performance. Glass of this type provides an abnormally large partial dispersion ratio (amount of diffraction) for light of specific wavelength ranges (colors) within the visible spectrum. By combining AD glass having these special characteristics with elements made of normal glass having different dispersion characteristics, it is possible to control the dispersion factors of a specific wavelength. This enhanced level of control results in much lower levels of on-axis (central) chromatic aberration for telephoto lenses (or zooms used at tele-photo settings) and a significant reduction of lateral (peripheral) chromatic aber-ration for wide-angle lenses (or zooms used at wide-angle settings.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ADGLASS.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	76425

I believe there is no lens compared which dim light performance similar to old Leicas. I believe their strong colors coming from resulted dim light performance comes from partial dispersion characteristics. I tried and forced my Sonnar and not close to my Leica lenses.

Mustafa Umut Sarac
    Istanbul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    "I believe there is no lens compared which dim light performance similar to old Leicas"

Astrophography lenses perhaps?
    - Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexavalent View Post
    "I believe there is no lens compared which dim light performance similar to old Leicas"

Astrophography lenses perhaps?
    Hexavalent, you are certainly right but TEC or AP lenses are not the most versatile...
    "The problem with photography is that it only deals with appearances." Duane Michals

"A photograph is a secret of a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." Diane Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    I have that album.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    I have that album.
    Nice!
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin