Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,545,002   Online: 746

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

DIY Anamorphic Lens Support Bracket and Using as DIY Anamorphic Lens Adapter

You can make your lens support bracket with basic parts .

I dont trust internet sites , they come and go and here is the original idea and my aim to put it to the APUG below the link.

If it goes , mine will stay.
    www.diyphotography.net/diy-lens-support-bracket

First ,

You need a flat or bent - for less vibration and bending result - piece of 4 mm thick aluminum which has to be cut with reverse engineering of your anamorphic lens , your taking lens lenght ,the distance of tripod socket and the diameter of your lenses and their centering.

I bet even 4 mm is not enough to carry 3 kilogram , 35 nap2. You must cut it wider also.

You can bent your aluminum bracket with clamping it to a wise and forcing.

For reasonable diameter anamorphic lenses , you can use flat bracket, but for larger diameter - for example my 35nap2 , its back diameter is 104mm and its not at my hand but it could require bent bracket.

It would be look like that,

A................B......................C......... .
    camera..taking lens...anamorphic ...lens
    XXX..........................................XXXX
    .....X.......................................X.... ...
    .......X......XXX............XXX.......X........
    ..........XXX....XXXXXXX.....XXXX..........

For A and B

You must drill a hole to the bracket and put a screw which will hold the camera at tripod socket. If your camera body and axis of the taking lens dont align on to center of the anamorphic lens , you must preengineer the bracket arms heights.

For C

An hose clamp

better and more suitable one is below , you will drill a hole and attach to bracket arm with screw and nut.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hose clamp 2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	92138

an rubber piece

Name:	rubber_roll_main.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	92124

A Hole at the bottom of the clamp and an flat head screw and a nut

Name:	flat_head_socket_cap_screw.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	92125

And You must drill and attach it to the hole of bracket arm

You can use 1,2 or 3 clamps with the proportional to the weight of the lens.

Mustafa Umut Sarac
    Istanbul
    Last edited by Mustafa Umut Sarac; 08-01-2014 at 08:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin