Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,532   Online: 1008

Shooter
    Multi Format

attaching MD (or other) mount to a Holga?

Hi all,

A friend of mine recently picked up a Holga lens for his Sony NEX. The ensuing debate over why such a thing exists prompted him to ask me if I could put a usable lens mount on the holga body. After some poking around on the internet, I see many references to this being done, but no actual steps or directions. Has anyone actually done this? My own collection is almost entirely Minolta, so using the MD mount would be ideal. Any thoughts?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Let me be the first to say, Welcome to APUG!

Are you referring to the Holga 135 or the Holga 120? The image circle provided by the Rokkor will probably not give you much of an image on MF film. Probably the most important thing is to but an MD to something else adaptor, find a way to ensure that the lens flange will be the correct distance to focus on the film plane at infinity (measure or use wax paper where a GG would go). Then all you gotta do is glue the adaptor on and it should work.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks. Yes, the holga 120. Rather than use an adaptor, I was simply going to swipe one of the lens mounts from my many junk minoltas. It certainly seems do-able from a technical standpoint. But I was actually really curious what the 35mm lens would expose on 120 film. Granted, I should probably just suck it up and buy a tlr to scratch my MF itch, but I have all this stuff lying around...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just mount the Minolta lens on a Minolta body and open the back just a crack every once and a while while shooting.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin