Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,173   Online: 728

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holga Panorama?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Holga Panorama?

Hello good folks, has anyone tried the Holga Panorama? The one that makes 6x12 negatives?

TIA,

-- Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do have the Holga 120-WPC Pinhole, camera, and I really enjoy using it. You get 6 exposures per 120 roll. A definite break for the rigors we typically use, I only carry a light tripod, and a handheld light meter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also have a Holga WPC and love the results from it, but there are a couple of things to watch. On mine the tripod adaptor wasn't glued in correctly, so it came off one day while I was shooting (check it first, flex it a bit and if it comes off re-glue it). Also, the shutter vignettes one side of the negative a little - I like the look so it doesnt worry mr, but if it worries you there is an easy fix you can find via google..

For the money they are one of the best value cameras around...
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm also a happy owner of a WPC. I'll echo the comments of Andrew K -- the tripod socket is pretty flimsy.

I've lately been putting 35mm film in it via the whole packing-foam-shim hack. You've got to unload it in the dark, keep the film window covered with black tape (no backing paper as with 120 film), and guess how far to advance the film after the shot. Still, I've gotten some fun sprocket shots.

sprocket forward by b.pointr, on Flickr

Some of my shots with the WPC on flickr, and a group that's focused on the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also had the tripod mounting plate come loose on my camera. I guess its a defect, but easy to rectify, by regluing.

I also modified mine, by buying a 46-52 step-up ring, and using a little hot melt to place the ring inside the front flange, so I could use filters.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think there is a new version of the Holga panorama, one that is not the pinhole version. It's available from Freestyle, but I didn't see it in B&H. There is also a "35mm adapter" available; it looks like a pair of shims. That means I won't have to use my homemade shims! I used those in a regular 120 Holga. Yes, I have to unload in the dark, and I have to count clicks to advance the frames. It's all part of the process.

So, has anyone used the non-pinhole panorama? Anyway, I'll be sure and check the tripod socket.

Cheers,

-- Mark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was going to use a 6x12 Holga as the basis for a camera with a 65mm lens but I made mine instead (link below). I think this camera would make a good film holder for a 6x12 DIY project.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with Steve that the Holga makes a great 6x12 camera, I made mine a few months ago and it is light, compact and extremely easy to use. The lens is a fixed focus 65mm Super Angulon which will. infinity focus from f/11 upwards.

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by trapd View Post
    I agree with Steve that the Holga makes a great 6x12 camera, I made mine a few months ago and it is light, compact and extremely easy to use. The lens is a fixed focus 65mm Super Angulon which will. infinity focus from f/11 upwards.
    I sometimes wish I had made mine fixed focus as it seems sharp from about 1/8" to infinity wherever I set the focus to!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Just picked up the Holga Panoramic, but haven't had the chance to bring it out yet. Have been playing around with my Holga Stereo using split-image filters on both lenses in the meantime...can't wait to see if the split-3D effect turns out as good as I'm hoping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin