Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,659   Online: 1147

Shooter
    Multi Format

Polaroid Land Camera Model 95 -- trying to find film

Does anyone know of any film that replaced the 40 series or 41 series film? Or is there any modifications that can be made to the camera to accept newer film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the early cameras that used the old roll films used to be able to be modified to use pack film, which is what fuji makes now, but I don't know if that service is still available. I'm talking 20 or more years ago.

It would be cheaper to put the 95 on the shelf and find yourself a 180 or 195.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post

Yea, i figured. I was asking for a friend who just acquired one (I'm assuming very cheap).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Or if money is no object, give Nate ring (http://www.polaroidconversions.com/). He can set you up with a pack film, 4x5, 600SE back or nicer lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have converted a 150 and a 110a, it is not hard. There are several good sites on line with step by step directions. There are several ways to come up with the new back, the 103 backs are the best but most expensive. The 150 I cut the back off a cheap plastic camera, just make sure the back has rollers instead of spreader bars. Hacksaw and files are all I used except cutting the plastic back and a rotary tool works great.
    “In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took,
    but how many moments took your breath away.”
    ― Shing Xiong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post
    the early cameras that used the old roll films used to be able to be modified to use pack film, which is what fuji makes now, but I don't know if that service is still available. I'm talking 20 or more years ago.

Yes but not by much !

How about a 250.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    if this were a 110 we were talking about a conversion might be worth it - but the 95? They weren't all that great brand new, God knows how well the shutter works now 50 years down the pike.
    The polaroid 250 already takes pack film. Buy some at freestyle http://www.freestylephoto.biz/66910-...le?cat_id=2401

but if you really want to use pack film get a 180 or 195 -- they're harder to find but have an adjustable mechanical shutter. The 250 uses an automatic shutter that needs a battery that I think you used to be able to get at Radio Shack, but am not sure. The 180 and 195 were much used by pros when they used polaroid film for exposure tests on shoots, a practice now made obsolete by digital technology, so the prices have come down.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I lucked into the 110 last year for $64.00, I sold it after I converted it, bad move on my part. So I am doing another 150. I have looked at images from the 110 and the 150, I can not tell the difference. But my wife tells me I need to get my eyes checked:^)
    “In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took,
    but how many moments took your breath away.”
    ― Shing Xiong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the difference is the 110 has a mechanical adjustable shutter and much faster/better lens. The 150 has an automatic shutter and smaller lens.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin