Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,125   Online: 866

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unfortunately the 600se or the Mamiya Universal is just completely out of the budget. I've been watching the 100/200 series on eBay and I've been bidding on the sub $20 units, but no luck yet. I definitely want to stay as cheap as possible right now.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    These should be around the thrifts in good numbers. When I visited the local thrifts, they were all over the place in the $5 bins.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    you really should be able to get something for that price.
    I got a "reporter" off the bay for about that... and I was being impatient

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, I've found a bunch that were sub $20, but then people charge $25 for shipping when USPS flat rate medium is only $11.95. I'm not paying padded shipping costs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    that is a lot extra.

so your best bet is to keep an eye out in second hand shops...
    or try that other american sit, I forgot the name, but the one that got in trouble because people were selling sex on it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Craigslist... LOL! I quit buying from there years ago!

I've got a few on the eBay radar now. I'll see what they do today.

There seem to be a whole lot of people buying these and converting them, or refurbing them and then selling them for nearly what they sold for years ago!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also just realized that the 'c' stands for color, (I think). I didn't realize there was also a 'b' for instant black and whites.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I really like the Polaroid 100 automatic (tripod mount, flip-down finder, decent lens, battery still available). And if you haven't already, try the fuji 3000B. I love that stuff!

I would also second the recommendation to check out local thrift stores. I've picked up a couple of pack film cameras (100 auto and 330 with a whole bunch of accessories) for less than $8.00 each.

As far as the battery issues go, there is a lot of info online for converting these cameras to use AA, but I just buy the proper battery since it only runs about $10.00 and I figure it will last several years. Freestyle sold it last I checked.

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    a very good site to get all the information you want is

http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/landdcam-pack.htm

take a little bit of time to run through it closely, and you'll see the differences between the models, which one is plastic and which one is metal or which one has a glass lens or not. polaroid made good plastic lenses, but wrong cleaning can ruin them easily.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yeah, craigslist, that's the one.

the c is for colour, you really should try the black and white, I much prefer it to the colour personally.
    but I think the 100b is better than the 3000b.

edit: I forgot to say, that i's recommend the reporter. it always worked great for me, but you do have to rely on the magic eye, which can take can take some getting used to.

be careful when it comes to some of the all plastic ones as well, they are the cheapest but some only use the no-longer-available type 80 film (square)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin