Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,983   Posts: 1,523,906   Online: 1036

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I receive my 420 today! It actually still had some Polacolor in it. Unfortunately the chemicals were nothing but powder though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LandCameras.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	46838

Shooter
    Multi Format
    great, so what's the plan?

cut the front off stick a real lens to it?
    waste an entire pack of film trying to get used to the magic eye?
    getting pissed off at the magic eye?
    testing the shutter speeds?
    oh, check the bellows for pinholes... that's a good one

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I dont know. The 104 has the distance estimator, and the 420 has the separate rangefinder thing. I've already converted the 104 to two AAA batt's, and I've already put a pack of film through it. I can't seem to find any light leaks, it seems to function properly, and its rather clean. There isn't any rust in the film compartment, and the bellows on the 104 seem to be a little more supple than the 420. The bellows on the 420 seem to be in good condition, but they feel a little more stiff than the 104, maybe its because it's been stored for a while.

I dont think I'm interested in any frankenstein type projects because I'd most certainly ruin it if I tried cutting and pasting lenses from one camera to the other.

I'm assuming by 'magic eye' you are referring to the rangefinder focusing thing? Or are you referring to the sensor on the front that sets your shutter speed?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the sensor that controls exposure is the magic eye.
    it takes some getting used to because it's not too clever and gets confused quite easily in light conditions that are a bit more extreme.

so on to emulsion lifts then?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin