Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,465   Online: 949

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Cameras for FP100c?

I purchased a Hassie 500cm just before Christmas, and subsequently found a Hassie 100 Polaroid back for it.

Over the last week, I have used the first pack of film, and I think I have become hooked. The fun of film, and the thrill of instant gratification is quite a lovely combination. But, as we all know, the Hassie only uses a small portion of the film.

My question is, what kinds of cameras use this film in its entirety, and are they hard to come by?

ETA: So after a bit of searching I see that the Polaroid Land Cameras 100/200/300/400 series cameras use '100' film. Are there any other brands, other than Polaroid?
    Last edited by ChristopherCoy; 02-12-2012 at 09:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Uh-oh, looks like you've got pack fever..."it's pack-tastic!"

http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/landdcam-pack.htm

http://www.filmphotographyproject.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pack fever huh? Is that what its called?

It was an almost instant addiction. I wanted to keep clicking just so that I could pull the little tab of paper and see the print shoot out of the slot!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    There are some rare non-Polaroid cameras that use 100 series film: Fuji Fotorama FP-1 and Konica Instant Press. I still think the best is the Polaroid 600SE with interchangeable backs and lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mamiya Universal with Polaroid back.

Trond

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Any 4x5 camera that will accept a Polaroid 405 pack holder should do. You could use (almost) any old press camera for hand-held shooting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My name is David and I have pack fever. IMHO the Polaroid 100 has a metal back and tripod ready. The battery is the only bad side. And thats a real easy fix to use 3 AAA's. If the electronic board is bad I gut them and make pinhole cameras.
    “In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took,
    but how many moments took your breath away.”
    ― Shing Xiong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Mamiya Universal takes the pack film, and there are polaroid backs for 4x5 cameras that take the 3.25x4.25 film. But there's nothing wrong with any of the Automatic Land Cameras from the 100-450. Also a number of odd-ball cameras from the Polaroid Colorpack series to the Polaroid Big Shot.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HST
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There are also the manual pack film cameras, the 180 & 195. I have both and they are excellent with fantastic glass. After getting my 180, I found out just how good Polaroid film is and spent about 3 years only shooting pack film. I also have a collection of the 3xx and 4xx series that are great but the 180 and 195 being fully manual are just that much better. I also have the Polaroid back for the Bronica ETRS but sadly, the 6x4.5 size format limits the use. I used it for testing and at some things like kid's parties.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    would deffo go with a 600se or mamyia equivalent if money is no problem...
    I've seen great results with the 180 and 195 as Brian says.

but if you want a more interesting idea, maybe get one of the old all plastic type 100 cameras, chop the front off and stick the lens and shutter off an old mf folder (or modern LF lens if you have one spare).

last time I checked I think the lenses on the old plastic cameras were about 110mm, but you can extend or shorten that if you need to...
    this would be dirt cheap too.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin