Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,645   Posts: 1,481,246   Online: 819

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Multiple exposures on Polaroid 104...

What is the easiest way to do this? And can it even be done?

I would assume that its as easy as recocking the shutter, but as I have been reading with some other polaroid models, you have to use half the total exposure time for each exposure. Which I dont quite understand how that can be done on the automatics.

I just used two negatives, and tried to do two exposures each. In each one, I can see the first exposure but not the second. They were taken inside, under fluorescent lighting. They were of floral arrangements that were set on top of a black filing cabinet in our office. For the first exposure on each, I put my finger over the magic eye to lenthen the exposure, and then I gently 'swirled' the image with blur. For the second exposure I got closer and tried to place a flower in one third of the photo or another.

After development, it looks like only the first exposure is visible, as I see no trace of the second exposure on each.

Am I attempting the impossible or am I doing something wrong?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have done them with the Polaroid 100, I just reset shutter and fired again. They are on my hard drive just can not find them:^) I do not remember if I was using the 3000 film.

David
    “In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took,
    but how many moments took your breath away.”
    ― Shing Xiong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the easiest way is to just recock the shutter, but you'll have to under-expose both images by turning the wheel to darken (full I think usually).
    the rest is the same as doing it on regular film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had to go dig out a front plate on a 100, you do have the light to dark on the shutter and it also has film speeds 75,150,300, and 3000. I do remember fiddling with those, I do not think the 104 has those. A few years ago the 100's were fairly cheap, everyone was looking for the 250 series or the pros. I have been trying to buy another 100 for my youngest daughter. Also if you have not found the Land List it has all models shown and specs for them.

http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/landhome.htm

David
    “In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took,
    but how many moments took your breath away.”
    ― Shing Xiong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks David. I've gotten rather familiar with the land list lately! LOL I actually bought a 420, and I've also got this 104. Both of those models are either 75 or 3000 ASA with no other options.

I've been tracking the model 100 on ebay but haven't yet come across one that would be willing to pay for yet.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin