Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,582,986   Online: 1066

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have tried manually spreading the instax developing agent with a print out of the camera ( yes, in absolute darkness ) with a brayer (more commonly called a print roller by many).
    I did not have uniform pressure or speed, and the resulting development was uneven.

Which was a drag, because I was not able to get the film eject on my autofocus instax to work, and ended up scrapping it event though it was a nice instant picture camera bought very inexpensively.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    yes, I imagine it's not something one would expect to get right first go.

personally, i'd rather go down the route of putting it back in the pack and ejecting it through the camera rollers

Shooter
    35mm
    When I worked on the Kodak Instant Photography system ('76 to '83), I used to make prints on the Kodak film units with my enlarger. After exposure, I would insert the exposed film back in a pack - put the film pack in a camera - and then eject it from the pack using the camera (with it's lens covered).

BTW, the Fuji Instax film is basically the sames as the Kodak Instant Film. Fuji had licensed the technology from Kodak and Polaroid sued Kodak but let Fuji continue to make the film for use out side the US.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I had the film arrive today... Now I just need to find the rolling pin...
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    well come on, what the devil are you waiting for...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, here's my two most successful, some trains and one of my GF's stuffed animals...

Apparantly I wasn't allowed to use a kitchen rolling pin for chemicalley-stuff so I took a large wine bottle, filled it with water and tried to use it instead, with mkixed results... I need a better way to do this, yes, but I have to say, I like the film from what little I've seen of it so far. Fuji needs to make a better camera for such nice film.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-2x.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	47304

Name:	Untitled-1x.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	47305

This seems like the kind of thing Jnanian would have a ball with.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    wow, that's worked, well almost great
    worth trying to get it right for sure, have you tried pulling it through your other polabacks yet?

edit: forgot to mention, that you could also do some selective developing like this, once the chemicals are cracked you can just manipulate it with you hands

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I tried running it through a crappy old land camera, and it squeezed goo into the rollers cause it went through sideways...

The film wont fit right into my 545.

Come on, Fuji! Make an SX-70 equivalent!!!
    www.EASmithV.com

RIP Kodachrome

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    Come on, Fuji! Make an SX-70 equivalent!!!
    that's what we are all waiting for. or an instax wide back like the cb70 in the old days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It seems that there is a consistancy in my uneven development... Perhaps it is an unevenness in my bench I don't notice that causes this.

Name:	Untitled-3x.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	365.5 KB 
ID:	47306

The last one is me attempting to enlarge a 35mm slide... Looks like my cold light head just isn't helping the color any...
    www.EASmithV.com

RIP Kodachrome

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin