Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,552   Online: 1159

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Polaroid SX-70 - camera problem

It's not a camera I have really ever used before - it's in very good condition having been bought by my father new in the 70's. But it's probably not been used for 20 years.

I put some Impossible film in, and it seems to be giving very very long exposures - when you press the shutter release there is the initial "flop" sound, and then you wait for up to 15 seconds (although it varies) and then the second "flop" sound as, presumably, the shutter is closing - and the photograph is ejected from the camera.

As a result the images are very light and blurry - with virtually no image.

I'm pretty certain it is the camera at fault, not the film pack. (I had an old Polaroid pack which was doing the same thing)

Does anyone know if this is a fixable fault?
    Anyone come accross this before?

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    sounds like it's problem with the "magic" eye, this might sound like a stupid question, but the darken/lighten wheel isn't set to the middle right and you know that there's no nd filter?

other than that I'm not sure. You could try this link, there is all sorts good info there and I guess you could contact him too.

so good luck, it's worth persevering if you can afford the TIP film

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin