Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,913   Posts: 1,521,686   Online: 1052

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    i guess, those people putting them on ebay (or buying them from) probably know of the project.
    still i think prices are way too high there, so look arround your local 2nd hand sources, i found much better prices there.
    the impossible film is still quite experimental, so don't expect results like the instax.
    don't forget IMPOSSIBLE had to start completely from scratch and re-invent the whole chemistry.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ewins View Post
    To be honest, now that the film and neg combo is no longer available, Polaroid is just Polaroid (except that is Fuji). The distinction made between 35mm, MF and LF was all about the ability to make various sized enlargements. A polaroid is an artefact in itself, not an intermediate step to a print, so it really has nothing to do with the classifications of negative formats.
    I've got maybe 15 packs of 665 in my fridge, so for me, for the moment, Polaroid remains an option. I'm trying to save if for subjects I think are worthy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I always considered the pack film size to be LF as it is sheet film and when used in a pack film camera it is significantly larger than most MF cameras as well.

Also, from a handling perspective, though Polaroid advertised it as a handheld, my expereince over the decades has been if not tripod mounted, there was at almost any exposure speed the camera shake is evident even using a cable release.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, I know that if I clear a Fuji FP-100C or B negative and want to scan it, I certainly can't use a transmissive scanner that only takes 120 or 35mm. For this reason, I think the cheapest thing I could get is an Epson V700.

So from the perspective of buying scanners for the negatives, it might as well be large format. Only exception might be if you use a polaroid back for a hasselblad or something, then clear the negative and trim it. Then it's 6x6cm 120 format.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    Is this why the SX-70 is still commanding high prices on eBay? I didn't realize there was film still available for it!!
    Haa, yes the Impossible Project has been making film for SX-70 long enough that my first batch already expired and dried out on me. Have to use it while it's fresh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin