Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,665   Online: 956

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Need a repairman for Polaroid...

The PLC 100 that I purchased with case and accesses stories unfortunately doesn't work. The black or negative battery wire seems to have been corroded to the point were it became disconnected from the grounding rivet in the battery compartment. I can't figure out how to repair it, so I cannot test the shutter or magic eye.

Anyone know of a good, reasonably priced repairman who fixes land cameras?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fix it with Solder?
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tried that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    Tried that.
    And it wouldn't stick or still wouldn't work?
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It won't stick. The wire was originally inserted under a rivet, I think. I can't reattach the wire to the connection point without removing the rivet.... At least that's what I'm assuming at this point.

Shooter
    35mm
    I once modified the battery compartment of a Polaroid 104 camera, converting it to take AAA batteries. As far as I know it's not much different from the 100. Could you post some detailed pictures of yours?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    I once modified the battery compartment of a Polaroid 104 camera, converting it to take AAA batteries. As far as I know it's not much different from the 100. Could you post some detailed pictures of yours?
    I've done the same. Pretty easy, considering how I generally lack the skills for such tasks. It does sound like the original poster's problem may be a bit more tricky, though. Could you possibly post some photos around the corroded rivet area? If your soldering attempt did not work, my guess is that you may have to find a way around rivet, if possible.
    "If it can be written or thought, it can be filmed." - Stanley Kubrick

Shooter
    Large Format
    When the rivet is corroded it does get harder. Honestly, I would just bid on another camera. If you price the labor above $0, it is a better deal to get another one.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin