Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,765   Posts: 1,516,355   Online: 1009

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    But the Fuji FP 45 works perfectly in a 550 back? Or am I completely mistaken? The 545 back is for single sheet stuff like type 55, so no need to aquire the fuji back. But the bigger problem is, that Fuji already stopped making the 45 size of FP films(?).

Shooter
    Instant Films
    There are numerous factors that contribute to the price point of our film. As an example, Polaroid was a huge corporation that has been in business for a decade or so before getting into film production, so they had more capital to work with. Impossible started from nothing with the high costs of producing and sourcing materials, distributing, etc. Polaroid had numerous factories, we have one. We only have 80 or so employees worldwide. Also, it's not a perfect product yet. The hopes are that eventually, we can sell more film and make more film, and costs will come down. We might still be a couple of years away from that, though. As for 4x5 film, Polaroid's Mexico factory was responsible for all peel-apart pack film. That factory was closed and the machinery was destroyed before Impossible had a chance or the financial ability to save it. Also, the machines are huge and very specifically calibrated, shipping them alone would have cost millions of dollars. We at Impossible are equally bummed about the fate of pack film.

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SebastianKrauss View Post
    But the Fuji FP 45 works perfectly in a 550 back? Or am I completely mistaken? The 545 back is for single sheet stuff like type 55, so no need to aquire the fuji back. But the bigger problem is, that Fuji already stopped making the 45 size of FP films(?).
    yes, it works perfectly in a 550 holder. there is a project for 55 film which is quite advanced at http://new55project.blogspot.fr/. and no, they didn't stop 45 size completely, there is still fp-100c45 in production.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpossibleUSA View Post
    We at Impossible are equally bummed about the fate of pack film.
    Thanks For Joining Us !

Ron

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Thanks for having us! If anyone has any Impossible-related questions, feel free to ask. I'd be happy to answer them to the best of my abilities. I work in the US office, in the Marketing/Promo/Online Sales department.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin