Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,766   Posts: 1,516,405   Online: 1012

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    My latest is the Holga 120 Panoramic. It's a bit awkward to handle at times, but it produces great 6x12 images.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Recesky do-it-yourself TLR. Piece of shit broke during assembly, and was lacking assembly screws.
    Don't buy this one.
    Thanks for the heads up on that, I've had my eye on those on ebay for a while. Of course the Lomography website has all kinds of flashy pictures people took with that camera, but now as I dig a little deeper there's a few horror stories about construction with them too.

epp
    Shooter
    Holga
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Agfa Paramat half frame 35mm camera.

Somehow I get a flare in near every frame, in the shape of the square aperture. But it is fun to use! Great for travel snaps.
    My father had this camera once, a very nice camera indeed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A Kodak Twin 20. Actually I like it so much I bought a total of three this spring.
    That way I can loan one away when someone asks.

As the name implies it takes 620 film and has twin optical finders. One standard eye level and one look down. This is a great feature for shooting small kids and other stuff low to the ground. One shutter speed about 1/40th and three f stops (about 11, 16 and 22) plus three zone focus down to 4-6 ft, 6-12 ft and 12-Inf. The plastic lens is soft and the slow shutter speed does not help. One of these cameras I got on ebay had an adapter to use flashcubes too! This camera it will not work with electronic flash as it has a delay built in for flashbulbs. I tried it with electronic flash and got very underexposed frames as the flash was over before the shutter opened.
    Here is a link that shows the camera.
    http://westfordcomp.com/classics/bro...in20/index.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    epp, welcome to APUG!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

epp
    Shooter
    Holga
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    epp, welcome to APUG!
    Thank you. Glad to be here.

As to my toy cameras, I currently have three Holgas, the 120, 120TLR and a 135. A fourth is on the way as well as a Wide Angle Adapter Lens. A couple of years back, I purchased the Split Image Lens Set, Color Filter Set and the Soft Surround Filter Set, but never actually used them. Now that the 135 models are available, I want to try these out.

Getting the consumer 120 films developed and printed locally, has been a challenge though. I know Freestyle out in Los Angeles offers mailers for both 120 and 135 B&W films, but I'm not sure what might be left of a film if it's mailed cross-country (heat, light, etc.)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have mailed film my slide film across the country for decades. Never had a problem, even once. Today if you drop slide film off at your local store it is likely to be shipped to some place like Dwayne’s photo in Kansas and then back to you. For the last few years of Kodachrome film dropped off in Japan or Australia or South Africa was sent all the around the world to Dwayne’s for development.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by epp View Post
    Getting the consumer 120 films developed and printed locally, has been a challenge though. I know Freestyle out in Los Angeles offers mailers for both 120 and 135 B&W films, but I'm not sure what might be left of a film if it's mailed cross-country (heat, light, etc.)
    If you're in the Boston area, go check out Newtonville Camera. I know they're not in downtown but they've been around forever & are reputable. I remember shopping there when I was in high school, and have picked up stuff there occasionally when my travels bring me back to New England.

epp
    Shooter
    Holga
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhead View Post
    If you're in the Boston area, go check out Newtonville Camera. I know they're not in downtown but they've been around forever & are reputable. I remember shopping there when I was in high school, and have picked up stuff there occasionally when my travels bring me back to New England.
    I'm more closer to W.B. Hunt in Melrose, but I'm not sure if they develop/print 120 in-house or send it out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Why not? Every other format has a version of this question! This thread should have been started a long time ago.

I just received a Kodak Brownie Hawkeye camera. The shutter works, it has the 620 spool and most of the original box. No scratches, chips, or cracks. The lens is clean and has no marks. Now I have to figure out how to clean the mold off the outside of the body.

I've recently acquired 5 Brownie Hawkeyes! Although two are parts cameras used to refurb the other three.

And I dont know if they are actually considered toys or not but I also received another Certo Phot box camera. This one came with the original box and manual so its extra special. I haven't put a roll through it yet, but plan to soon. My other Certo Phot that I bought here on APUG is awesome though!

Also, do you know how to find out the age of your Brownie? Use the YXXX code on the bottom of the shutter piece.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin