Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,034   Online: 939

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    LOL!!

epp
    Shooter
    Holga
    The shutter in the Baby Brownie Special that I have, still works. But when I saw the online prices for 127 film...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    good night already.... I just won a Polaroid 100 for $10. I sure hope we rent a big house in Houston..... I think I have an issue.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    HAHA!! Someone just had an early (metal advance knob) Brownie Hawkeye listed for $19 OBO on eBay.

I submitted an offer of $5 at the 5 hours left mark and they took it! NICE!!

That makes Hawkeye #6!!
    Good buy! There seems to be a trend of rising prices for older cameras these days on sites like eBay, Etsy, and even Craigslist. I have seen many simple, older, "junk" cameras that used to command prices of no more than $5, going for more like $50! It is truly amazing to see even very ubiquitous models such as the Brownie Hawkeye fetching high prices. Maybe it is a good thing in a way that they are becoming more desireable, but it is certainly frustrating when you're actually in the market for one!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Denverdad View Post
    Maybe it is a good thing in a way that they are becoming more desireable, but it is certainly frustrating when you're actually in the market for one!

Jeff

I wont pay more than $15 for one. These things are usually so dirty and beaten that $15 for a nice, clean, good condition one I think is fair. With that said, I've only paid $15 once, and it was for my 1949 mint condition metal advance knob Brownie without so much as a single scuff, and it had a roll of exposed 620 film in it that I plan on getting developed soon.

I'm working on trying to find a boxed set with a metal knobbed hawkeye, the flash holder, all original blue flashbulbs and the original everyready batteries. There is one on Ebay right now for $150 but I've seen some go for as low as $25. When I find that right one I'll jump on it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Recesky do-it-yourself TLR. Piece of shit broke during assembly, and was lacking assembly screws.
    Don't buy this one.
    I've got one of these. Love it. Easy to put together and all works. Lovely snaps too.
    Sorry Thomas!

epp
    Shooter
    Holga
    Latest toy camera purchase:

Holga 135 Panoramic

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    kodak X-15 Instamatic (126)
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Recesky do-it-yourself TLR. Piece of shit broke during assembly, and was lacking assembly screws.
    Don't buy this one.

I have 4 of these along with other DIY as I love building cameras, learn so much!
    They are sturdy and takes awesome shots!

Maybe you got a dud one since all mine had all the right screws.

Latest toy camera well gear is the Diana F with the ringflash and instant back. Fun stuff and better than instax IMO

epp
    Shooter
    Holga
    I wonder if there would be enough demand for a Holga that takes 127 film, 16 exposures (two red windows on the back)...
    --
    My Holgas:

Holga 120N
    Holga 120TLR
    Holga 135
    Holga 135TLR
    Holga 135 Pan

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin