Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,911   Posts: 1,584,682   Online: 777

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by epp View Post
    I wonder if there would be enough demand for a Holga that takes 127 film, 16 exposures (two red windows on the back)...
    I rather doubt it. 127 has become such a micro-niche that it wouldn't make much sense for someone like Holga to commit the time, money & resources necessary to create a camera they would have to sell (I imagine) tens of thousands of just to break even.

epp
    Shooter
    Holga
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhead View Post
    I rather doubt it. 127 has become such a micro-niche that it wouldn't make much sense for someone like Holga to commit the time, money & resources necessary to create a camera they would have to sell (I imagine) tens of thousands of just to break even.
    They have a 110 camera and that film was discontinued by Kodak and Fuji. There is/was one company in Europe that planned to start 110 production, but there have been no new developments for a while now.
    --
    My Holgas:

Holga 120N
    Holga 120TLR
    Holga 135
    Holga 135TLR
    Holga 135 Pan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are developments in 110. People are shooting it already...

http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/5/21...y-orca-b-w-100

Shooter
    35mm RF
    lomography just released a baby fisheye camera to use with the orca 110. Anyone getting this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyence33 View Post
    lomography just released a baby fisheye camera to use with the orca 110. Anyone getting this?
    No. Enough fisheyes out there. I feel its just a marketing trick again.

On topic: TRU-VIEW Diana clone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Recesky do-it-yourself TLR. Piece of shit broke during assembly, and was lacking assembly screws.
    Don't buy this one.
    Piece of gem! I've got two of them. No screws lacking and I find them sturdy enough to slip in to my backpack together with my mediumformat camera. They are fun to play around with. I converted one to 24x24mm and replaced the screen with a SLR-screen (old Mamiya). In addition, I also fitted a prism on top of it and it came out very handy and useful.
    - You will develop when you become an analog photographer / Exposed Material / Monochromes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just finished building a Fotodiox DIY TLR (same as Recesky). Luckily, they are about 5 miles up the street from me, so I picked it up from their warehouse.

It was a bit fiddly to built, but I got it done! I may put one roll through it, but I bought it mostly for the experience. Obviously this is an extremely simplified version, but it's cool to have somewhat of a better idea of how TLRs work.

I've also got a LCA+ that I use occasionally. It's a nice pocketable camera, though I would like to replace it with an Olympus XA2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Only because it can't be focused and the controls are limited: WideLux F7
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bencini Koroll II and 24s.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just bought my first holga and await its delivery. I already have a Diana F a Golden Half, and a La Sardina, but after using a holga lens on my sony nex 5n I decided to just go ahead and get a real holga.

I also have one of the Gakkenflex cameras as well.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin