Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,402   Online: 707

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Your latest Toy camera purchase

Why not? Every other format has a version of this question! This thread should have been started a long time ago.

I just received a Kodak Brownie Hawkeye camera. The shutter works, it has the 620 spool and most of the original box. No scratches, chips, or cracks. The lens is clean and has no marks. Now I have to figure out how to clean the mold off the outside of the body.
    Last edited by Sirius Glass; 05-02-2012 at 11:57 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agfa Paramat half frame 35mm camera.

Somehow I get a flare in near every frame, in the shape of the square aperture. But it is fun to use! Great for travel snaps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Agfa Paramat.jpg  
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Previously I was given a Tessina L single [half] frame camera in working condition. It only needed a CLA.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got a Holga 120S (first model imported, I think) off eBay for .99 (plus 4.50 shipping). It has all the tape, film tensioners, tripod mount, etc. Really fun, but has one overbearing flare I'm trying to fix. Have made a few neat photos with it however.
    See the latest three in my gallery: http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...mageuser=14192
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Found a Lomographic Society Supersampler AS3.0 in a thrift shop for $3. Had a film in it. I am a sucker for found films, so I bought it.

The camera takes four wide view exposures per 35mm frame, though four separate 20mm lenses. The shutters to them trip sequentially either at a user selectable 1/20th of a second apart, or 1/2 a second apart. I usally turn the camera while depressing the shutter, and save the fast speed for when shooting from a moving vehicle.

Regretably, the original owner fed the thing plus x, and used it mostly inside. Only two good frames on the whole roll.

It has no shutter speed or aperture adjustment , so have fed it it iso 400 HP5 and only shoot on bright sunny days until I get a better foo on what the limitations of the crude exposure system are.
    Lomo even suggest 800iso stuff unless it is a sunny day.

It is kind of fun to trip the shutter and toss the camera in the air.
    I sort of think that this thing started life as a golf or baseball swing analyser camera before Lomo got thier hands on it to brand it.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Though technically not a toy camera, I've got a Welti Weltix with some really random light leak issues that makes it really fun to use.

Toy = fun, right?
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Last weekend my father and I went to a ham radio flea market and I ended up with two toy camera finds. One man had an original Diana at his table, I started looking at it and was surprised to see it completely intact. He says "That's been in my basement for way too long. You can have it for $1." Looking forward to trying it out!

Another seller had a couple brand new in the box, Nishica 3D four lens cameras. Looks like the Lomography Supersampler, but takes the four half-frame images all at once. Originally the company provided their own processing service to make lenticular prints with this camera. I'm sure they're long gone by now, but its probably possible to make up stereo images too. For the hefty price of $5 I just had to pick up one of these to play with.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I bought an original Diana recently in a fit of nostalgia. It was my first camera, which I won selling popcorn door to door in grade school. Just as fun as I remember. I also picked up an Anny, which is a Diana clone, for $5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My latest toy camera purchase is a tossup between a Likea cardboard pinhole camera (which I have yet to assemble) and an EOS 850. I still have the Likea.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Recesky do-it-yourself TLR. Piece of shit broke during assembly, and was lacking assembly screws.
    Don't buy this one.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin