Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,954   Posts: 1,586,011   Online: 682

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Minox Thread

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have recently been GIVEN a MINOX 35GT 35mm film camera -- it had two PX27 5.6 volt batteries with it, both of whuch were DEAD due to long storage -- they are the 'illegal' MERCURY type -- I found a battery company in England called 'Brewsters' and they did a PX27 6 volt Alkaline battery replacement so I orderd one and teh camera WORKS and i have got some good results on outdated C41 film !
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Minox 35GT.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	139.6 KB 
ID:	50424
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Minox Test 05.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	163.9 KB 
ID:	50425Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Minox Test 01.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	50426
    An 'Old Dog still learning New Tricks !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Aaackkk.. and I suppose I highjacked this thread with Minolta 16 stuff. They really are not the same animal. Minolta 16 is almost 4x the size of a Minox frame.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Few years ago , I had been sent a e mail to Kiev Ukraine Arsenal factory and above Minox Copies price was 16 dollars at the factory. Kiev 88 Kit with 80 mm lens , two backs , prism finder , leather bag and color filters was 170 dollars. How I am silly , I thought they will produce for decades but they have been closed instantly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    BTW - I was speaking about minox 35 camera when saying that shutter has died.
    That makes a difference. Totally different type of shutter. Here in the USA I would just send it to Essex Repair and have it fixed. Don't know what the repair facilities are over there.

My late Wife had a Minox GT35 - took great photos.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!
    For all practical purposes, they've taken Kodak away.

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    BTW - I was speaking about minox 35 camera when saying that shutter has died.
    If the shutter "clicks" but doesn't open, there is an adjustment to remedy that. Google around and you should find it.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Film for reloading Minox and Minolta cassettes available from Goathill Photo.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb74 View Post
    If the shutter "clicks" but doesn't open, there is an adjustment to remedy that. Google around and you should find it.
    I think it was that problem as you described. But I sold it as broken for parts after incident. I am tempted to buy another one - often even leica M is too big to carry everyday .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    Aaackkk.. and I suppose I highjacked this thread with Minolta 16 stuff. They really are not the same animal. Minolta 16 is almost 4x the size of a Minox frame.
    The Quarter Frame Minoltas that use Super 16 film have that huge image area, however, the older Minoltas that open and close like a big Minox, have an image area very similar to Minox.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a Minolta 16mm I've been wanting to use for a while, but with no source of battery / reliable film source, I have yet to use them.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    I have a Minolta 16mm I've been wanting to use for a while, but with no source of battery / reliable film source, I have yet to use them.
    You can get film from the Kodak on-line store. $20 for 100 feet of negative film. http://store.kodak.com/store/ekconsu...ctID.228437200

What kind of battery are you looking for? The Minolta QT can be powered by a coin-shaped 3V lithium cell.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin