Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,353   Online: 827

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Minox Thread

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do know about the beads...Those were some interesting alternatives shared
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    These little gems of German engineering have held a special place in my heart for a long time. (Not sure I agree with putting them in the 'toy camera' category though!)

I don't use my Minox B any more, but I always have another 'minox' nearby...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Minox plates.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	255.7 KB 
ID:	73360

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    This thread sent me to the dark remote corner of the darkroom. And son-of-a-gun, I didn't scrap it, there it is . . .

Plumbing fittings, scrap widgets ... The mount was a 1 1/2 inch pipe T with a thumbscrew to slide it over a vertical 1 1/4 inch pipe column (part of my 1960s vintage multi-format enlarger "system.") An automotive lamp driven by a filament transformer supplied the illumination.

I've no idea if there's any samples left buried here, but I know I once made some prints with it.

A home made focusing lens mount (which shows several revisions!) carried a Kodak Anastigmat 35 mm f/3.5 lens, likely a military gunsight camera relic via Edmund Scientific (I lived close enough to visit there at the time). The lens has an adjustable aperture, but some sort of dedicated non-standard markings. Now you guys have the wheels spinning -- since my Omega B-8 uses a flat plate to mount a 50 mm lens, it should be possible to make a 15 mm recessed lens cone ....

[Oh no I'm already under fire for constant diversions from the honey-do list! ]

I think my Minox B still has a film in it from circa 1975-ish. I used to dabble in slides and have a cute little Minolta projector (speaking of Minolta 16 up-thread) I used with those.

I feel an attack of Aging Adult ADD coming on . . . . .
    I think I missed this post the first time around somehow! This thing looks really, really cool! Kudos to you!!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    I think I missed this post the first time around somehow! This thing looks really, really cool! Kudos to you!!
    Woo! Thread resurrection!

Thanks! I have a history of substituting tinkering for money.

In much more recent times, I saw a thingie on ePrey that, as I recall, would mount in place of a 39mm threaded lens on an enlarger and had its own film holder, lens and focusing. It used the enlarger as a light source and positioning device. I somewhat regret not bidding on it and alas, I've never seen another!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by DWThomas View Post
    Woo! Thread resurrection!

Thanks! I have a history of substituting tinkering for money.

In much more recent times, I saw a thingie on ePrey that, as I recall, would mount in place of a 39mm threaded lens on an enlarger and had its own film holder, lens and focusing. It used the enlarger as a light source and positioning device. I somewhat regret not bidding on it and alas, I've never seen another!
    That was an Enla head. I know that both Minolta and Mamiya made them for their 16mm cameras. They may have been made for Minox as well, I don't know. I have a model from Mamiya and it works well enough. Mine threads into the 39mm threaded lens stage on an enlarger and has it's own condenser lens. I bought it from a fellow submini film fan but don't remember what I paid, around $35~40 I think.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Here's info on the Enla-heads:

http://www.subclub.org/darkroom/enlas.htm

I've got one in a drawer somewhere, but never had to use it because I have a Minox enlarger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trask View Post
    Here's info on the Enla-heads:

http://www.subclub.org/darkroom/enlas.htm

I've got one in a drawer somewhere, but never had to use it because I have a Minox enlarger.
    Cool stuff! Thanks. None of them look quite like I remember that thing that went by on ePrey (it was maybe 5 or 6 years ago), but the one on the left might be close. If Minox film comes back into availability enough to tempt me to try using it, I might try making a recessed lens board to put the lens off that old kludge on my Omega B8 as a starting point. (I've already made lens cones for an 80 and 105 mm lens on it; a recessed board is more or less one of those turned upside down.

There is some really neat stuff out there. I actually own a Minolta 16 projector that I used with slides from the Minox, that's a nifty goody. Not sure how available replacement projector bulbs might be (a whole whopping 75 watts), but I suppose i could improvise something there if I get to the point of needing it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin