Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,903   Online: 1034

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Minox Thread

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Minox Thread

I figured that I would start a new Minox thread for those of us that are APUGers and Minox users. I just purchased my first Minox, and it's a Minox B. I'm very excited to start shooting with it. In addition to Blue Moon processing Minox, I learned that Dwayne's Photo will also process Minox. Minox also just put up a statement on their website saying that they are still committed to offering film, which is a plus.

Patrick
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    nice to see you, patrick, and have fun with that B. Don't depend too much on the meter, check it first. If you decide to shoot with it a lot you may want to learn to cut your own film, but beyond that Blue Moon does a lovely job.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had minox - I was astonish by lens quality. It was my favorite camera to carry all the time. And then one day in Istanbul shutter just died , in the middle of the action. If this camera has a reliable shutter - it would be a dream camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    To me, anyway, it's not worth slitting and loading film for the Minox. I find good prices on the real stuff at Optics Planet http://www.opticsplanet.net/minox-35filcam.html The Frugal Photographer http://www.frugalphotographer.com/catMinoxFilm.htm
    If you use color, Minox will process it. I use B&W and process it myself. I use a stainless reel made for 9.5mm film and use Ilford Microphen (now that I'm out of Microdol-X. I'm going to try some Legecy Pro Mik-X which is supposed to be the same as Microdol-X from Freestyle http://www.freestylephoto.biz/749710...lon?cat_id=301

Remember the film is small so dirt and other defects really show up. Everything has to be CLEAN! I do have a Minox enlarger from my Dad, but before that I just used my Durst 606 and it was fine.

By the way, the shutters are very durable. My Dad used his B for about 50 years and i'm using it now and it works fine - shutter, meter, everything. You never know how a used one was treated.

Have fun!
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!
    For all practical purposes, they've taken Kodak away.

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've had a Riga, B, C, LX, and EC. Great cameras but film and processing became too expensive even from Minox so sold all bt my C years ago. I still have the C with its tripod adaptor and the Minox tripod, well actually 2 of the tripods. The tripods are the best mini-pods out there. They do great with my Leica.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have been messing with a Yashica Atoron and Minolta 16.
    I have an EBLA unit for my Bessler.

PS... I still have quite a few of these to offer.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...-ie-250-a.html
    Last edited by vpwphoto; 05-04-2012 at 11:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not quite Minox. I have a Minolta 16-II bought at an auction this past winter for $20. I saw this little mechanical marvel, and could not resist.

Finding cassettes is another thing though. I bought one from a guy, Goat Hill I think was his moniker, down in Texas.

I have a 16mm stainelss reel for processing. I have slit down bulk 70mm for other purposes in the past, so that part of film creation doesn't scare me off.

I have yet to print the negatives, but have a D5xl, so getting a reasonable sized enlargement is just going to invlove a high head height.
    I plan to use my 50mm enlarger lens lens with the negatve masked off, until a shorter enlarging lens is found at the right price.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's exciting to see Minox interest! I'm probably just going to have even my black and white films processed by Blue Moon or Dwayne's until I can find a reel and I too will just mask off a negative carrier and use the 50mm lens. We'll see how it goes.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Dang! You guys are trouble!

This thread sent me to the dark remote corner of the darkroom. And son-of-a-gun, I didn't scrap it, there it is . . .

Plumbing fittings, scrap widgets ... The mount was a 1 1/2 inch pipe T with a thumbscrew to slide it over a vertical 1 1/4 inch pipe column (part of my 1960s vintage multi-format enlarger "system.") An automotive lamp driven by a filament transformer supplied the illumination.

I've no idea if there's any samples left buried here, but I know I once made some prints with it.

A home made focusing lens mount (which shows several revisions!) carried a Kodak Anastigmat 35 mm f/3.5 lens, likely a military gunsight camera relic via Edmund Scientific (I lived close enough to visit there at the time). The lens has an adjustable aperture, but some sort of dedicated non-standard markings. Now you guys have the wheels spinning -- since my Omega B-8 uses a flat plate to mount a 50 mm lens, it should be possible to make a 15 mm recessed lens cone ....

[Oh no I'm already under fire for constant diversions from the honey-do list! ]

I think my Minox B still has a film in it from circa 1975-ish. I used to dabble in slides and have a cute little Minolta projector (speaking of Minolta 16 up-thread) I used with those.

I feel an attack of Aging Adult ADD coming on . . . . .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BTW - I was speaking about minox 35 camera when saying that shutter has died.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin