Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,063   Online: 824

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a question regarding my polaroid camera.
    its a Land 103...
    Originally, probably using something like Polaroid 669, IIRC.
    Polaroid pack film had eight exposures...if memory serves.

...my film has ten exposures, and ive 3 other films of 10 exposures left...
    Fuji pack film has ten exposures.

Today, the 100 - 400 series land cameras can use Fuji FP100c (color),
    and FP3000b (B&W), pack film, just like the Polaroid 405 and Fuji PA-145
    backs for medium and large format cameras.

Marc
    Last edited by Marc B.; 05-11-2012 at 06:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Just a quick and dirty scan of a contact print -- dust and all!

Calder (and carved bear)

Print from a Type 55 negative

Vaughn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1 Calder BB.jpg  
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    35mm
    The 'tongues' (2 in this case) are typical of developer layer spread problems. If the original poster saw a straight edge, it's less likely to be a spread problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the fuji film quite a lot and the positive base is white if the chemicals haven't spread. I recently puled one out and the chemical pod ripped off before it opened and spread on the film.

black would be chemicals but no exposure, half a frame does suggest there is something "in the way".

Ursula,

do you have anyway of taking the half used cartridge out - darkroom, darkbag - and then store it in (I use another polaroid or polaroid back) so you can check the camera again? if the problem is so consistent and the same every time you will probably need to do this anyway, it doesn't sound like it's a problem with the film

Shooter
    35mm
    to be honest, @himself, i dont think it has to do with the film either. cos the black doesnt vary with each print, or even when i changed the film. i can get the film out alright. ill take it out and snoop around the camera.

also, just noticed there that the blackness is actually getting wider. > i was looking at a few of all these test pictures in order, and i noticed that about half a centimeter just by the blackness is faded on one pic, straight line and all. the next pic that half centimeter is blacked out with the rest of the black. compared the 2 images and the black has grown that half a centimeter. cant get scans of them, but i did take pictures of them on my phone. ill try put them up here somehow.
    yes, it is fp100c colour film im using. the rolls in the camera are clean and the bellows have no holes at all.

also, a bit of an odd thing happens too. i am 100% sure that i do everything correctly with regards to actually taking the picture, and removing the picture, and forwarding on the film.

this has only been happening the last few days and never happened before. a perfect example when i put in the new film. the first picture i took came out just white and pinky. knew i obviously did something wrong, so i take another pic of something else, and when i remove that print, the previous picture i had taken comes out. i get one double exposure, that wasnt meant to be a double exposure (it comes out pretty nice tho!). its kind of hard to explain without actually showing it to you all in action, but hopefully, you do get me . if not ill try explain it better.
    the film is put in properly, the tab pulled and everything to bring forward the films. it is done right! its very strange, as obviously its not digital and doesnt store the pictures! has anyone any idea about this too?

i know my explanations are very confusing and probably hard to read, but thats the best way i can describe this problem!
    Last edited by ursula; 05-12-2012 at 07:11 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry everyone!!!! i am so stupid!!!!!!!! was reading up the manual online (my own one is in french!) and turns out i have actually been doing it wrong. you know when you havent used something in a while, and you think the way your doing it is the right way, then you read the manual and see one sentence that fixes it all???
    well, i was pulling the white tab BEFORE taking pictures, when it should be done after! i am so sorry for troubling you all! im so embarrassed! but its perfectly working now anyway. thanks a million for all the help anyway!!! i really should have known how to do this!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format

nevermind, we all make mistakes.
    good luck with your project.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin