Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,239   Online: 884

Shooter
    35mm

Panoramic camera

Would this be classed as a toy camera?

I bought it for £1 on the weekend. Its plastic, 100% plastic it seems.

Does anyone have any idea what the shutter speed and aperture are? Or shouldnt I worry about those things and just enjoy using it. I put film in it within 10 minutes of buying it because it seemed clean enough and working fine, always carry spare film. A lot of these plastic cameras I look at second hand are broken in some way or another. This one seemed hardly used.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    These seemed to be popular here in the US in the late 80's and early 90's. With a 25mm lens, I assume it really is panoramic. I have a couple of similar ones that switch between 'normal' and 'panoramic'. Really, all they do is mask the top and bottom of the frame. It's still 36mm wide, but about 18mm high. Shutter speeds usually run 1/100 to 1/200, and the lens is probably about f8.0. That's just a guess, but is typical.
    Have fun with it!
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Someone sent me a extremelly similar camera called Ultronic Panoramic Camera. You can use these cameras without thinking except composition. Mine distributed as a gift from an magazine. I advise to use with high contrast black and white process. You can find many examples at flickr on my camera brand and it is sometimes damn good , sometimes damn bad. Thats why expensive cameras are expensive when deliviring an better than average pictures in every condition.
    Velvia could be funny or bw agfa apx 400.
    You would be needed to post process them at web free.

Shooter
    35mm
    "it doesnt always wind on either" was one of the quotes when looking through flickr pics of panoramic cameras like this. Which could be a problem with mine. I put in a roll of 24 exposures Fuji C200, and the frame counter has passed 33.

Ived used it in both sunny and overcast conditions this week so at least some of the pictures should be okay.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokoro View Post
    "it doesnt always wind on either" was one of the quotes when looking through flickr pics of panoramic cameras like this. Which could be a problem with mine. I put in a roll of 24 exposures Fuji C200, and the frame counter has passed 33.
    ...SNIP....
    It is such a sinking feeling to suddenly realize that the film didn't actually wind on and you haven't actually taken any pictures - especially if you've been using it for weeks or months! I hope that isn't what has happened in your case.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm

It seems to have worked. Only the last frame was multi-exposed. The camera just kept winding on at the end of the film and never stopped, I hope I havent broken it.

The plastic insert is only placed in and is easy to remove. If I use the camera again I may try it with the insert removed. If its really a 25mm lens it will be my widest lens camera, I've wanted wider than 28mm for some of my project work.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Dont escape to treat your photographs at free online photoshop like sites when you are using plastic cameras. Because its not fair to compete with 1000 dollar lens when using 5 dollar lens. IMHO

Shooter
    Large Format
    it's not really panoramic..it's just cropped..which you can do with any camera

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin