Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,699   Online: 1038

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Lofgreen View Post
    Because the Film Photography Podcast talks about instant film enough for all of us at APUG.

D.
    Hah! This (but they are getting better)!

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    because instax film is just giving superb results but the look of their cameras is a shame. so you enjoy the photos, hide the camera and don't talk about it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Wasn't Polaroid instant in its dying days actually a Fuji-made product?
    It's what they sell now. One of the new Polaroids is a rebranded Instax camera.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Moopheus View Post
    It's what they sell now. One of the new Polaroids is a rebranded Instax camera.
    No. I'm talking rebranded Fuji FP-100B/C.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by xya View Post
    because instax film is just giving superb results but the look of their cameras is a shame. so you enjoy the photos, hide the camera and don't talk about it.
    I can totally agree with that. Why Fuji made such dumb looking cameras is a mystery.

epp
    Shooter
    Holga
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Interesting. I did not know that Fujifilm was selling a Kodak developed film. Might there be more of that in the future? (Ektar, Porta?) whenKodak finally shuts the door?
    http://www.kodak.com/ek/uploadedFile...r_Business.pdf

It doesn't sound like they're shutting the door on film...
    --
    My Holgas:

Holga 120N
    Holga 120TLR
    Holga 135
    Holga 135TLR
    Holga 135 Pan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well...I'll jump in and be the first to say that I use the Instax system and I really enjoy it. It is fun at parties and such. It's just fun to use integral instant film and watch a print appear before your eyes. The Instax mini (I have both) is not really worth it in my opinion. With the film cost being so close, it's so much more worth it for the regular wide format Instax. It would be cool to see an SX-70 or SLR600 type of camera for this film but I can't complain about the Instax camera. It's large and it is fun because it is that large. It's enjoyable to handle. The only thing that I would really, really like to see is Black and White Instax film. That would be really awesome. The only things I wish the cameras had is a tripod mount, a self timer, and a way to shut the flash off. Nonetheless, they are quite fun and the image quality is surprisingly great.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    The only thing that I would really, really like to see is Black and White Instax film.
    Second this! Really wish they would make some bw too. As I can see instax are selling really well recently especially with younger people and the film (instax mini) are cheap.

I'd like to add I own a few instax stuff and my favourite is the instax 10, the pictures are lighter and more vintage and you can set the flash OFF when you don't want it only flaw is the looks (ugly and fat compared to the instax 25), noisy, no timer.
    Instax 7s is rubbish
    Instax 25 is good looking but can't turn flash off although they is a self timer

I also have the instant back for the Diana F+ which is really fun especially since you can change lenses and use different flash. I use mine with the ringflash and the fisheye or super wide lens and the main advantage for the Diana F+ setup is that you can do multiple exposures with it as well as long exposures! A lot more fun! Disadvantage: not as compact?

I am now looking at the instant back for the LCA so.... there are plenty of people that still uses instax XD Just that they're not as pro looking

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, they sell the "Polaroid" version of the Instax mini film and camera at Target. That's a plus but the film works out to be $1 per shot there. Not the greatest price.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had the rare Instax Wide auto camera , and it decided to stop listening to the film eject clear sensor. God I hate cameras with microprocessors in them. Then had a 210 (I think) and I might have sold it at the last swap meet or still have it packed in the unsold surplus gear. The images were good, but it was such a clunky camera to pack and use I decide there are other imaging options in life. Film, at a dollar a shot or more was a drag.
    my real name, imagine that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin