Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,448   Online: 718

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Why So Little Fujifilm Instax Talk Here?

Seems odd that the Instax line of cameras from Fujifilm rarely get mentioned here. They must sell more instant film than anyone these days. And from what I hear, the image quality from their film is worlds better than Polaroid.

Why is that?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1.the iphone screen is bigger.
    2. instagram.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm
    I use Fuji's peel-apart instant films, and used the Polaroid peel-apart films back when they were still available, but I've never had any real interest in the integral cameras (either Polaroid or Fuji).

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Seems odd that the Instax line of cameras from Fujifilm rarely get mentioned here. They must sell more instant film than anyone these days. And from what I hear, the image quality from their film is worlds better than Polaroid.
    Yup, Instax is much better than SX-70 ever was; of course, I may be biased because I spent 7 years at Kodak working on the Kodak Instant Film System.

Fuji licensed the technology from Kodak around 1980 and was never sued by Polaroid. For years it was available outside the US only. Now that Polaroid has gone 'belly-up' they can also sell it in the US. The technology involved is VERY different from that used by Polaroid.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Because the Film Photography Podcast talks about instant film enough for all of us at APUG.

D.
    My Photography Site www.lofgreenimages.com and My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    1.the iphone screen is bigger.
    2. instagram.
    Neither of which are film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    Yup, Instax is much better than SX-70 ever was; of course, I may be biased because I spent 7 years at Kodak working on the Kodak Instant Film System.

Fuji licensed the technology from Kodak around 1980 and was never sued by Polaroid. For years it was available outside the US only. Now that Polaroid has gone 'belly-up' they can also sell it in the US. The technology involved is VERY different from that used by Polaroid.
    Interesting. I did not know that Fujifilm was selling a Kodak developed film. Might there be more of that in the future? (Ektar, Porta?) when Kodak finally shuts the door?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Neither of which are film.
    Hey, you asked.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Went to a lecture by Phil Borges a few weeks back. He uses an Instax camera to "break the ice" wherever he travels.

Phil comes into a community, takes pictures of the kids with the Instax, gives the pictures to the kids, the kids show their parents, the parents want their own, & Phil gets to take the pictures he really wants. His camera broke on one trip and he said it crippled his ability to work big time.

My daughter is going to China on a summer college program and will be using a Polariod 210 to do something similar, she'll shoot one to give and one to keep on her travels. The keeper is being pasted into a journal then she'll add text. Imagine her being able to show her kids that book and tell her story.
    Mark Barendt, Beaverton, OR

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post

Wasn't Polaroid instant in its dying days actually a Fuji-made product?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin