Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,229   Posts: 1,532,851   Online: 999

Shooter
    Multi Format

Price check: Polaroid 554

Mornin' all,

I have currently the oppertunity to purchase some of the above Polaroid 554 film, it's in good nick, but I'm not sure what price is resonable to spend on it.
    I've never come across this before and know only that it's a pack film version of the type 50s.

What I do know is that the type 50 sell for a high price and should I be expecting to spend the same on the 554...

Could I be be being ripped off is all I'm asking, anyone seen any prices recently?

Thanks
    Dafydd

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    Depends on when it expired, but if it's relatively fresh I would say the price should be around half of what you'd expect to pay for a box of Type 54, given that 554 has half the number of exposures.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks, that sounds about right

Shooter
    35mm
    Personally, and this is just me, but given all Polaroid stock is now going on at least 10-years old, I'd just shoot something fresh like the Fuji offerings. Unless you're wanting off-colors or nothing at all. I tried shooting some of the last 669 that was made about a month ago and had been perfectly stored, got not a single usable image from it. But, that's just me. At first I thought it was the camera, then I bought some Fuji for $7 and all was good, so...take it for what it's worth.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin