Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,932   Posts: 1,556,996   Online: 1123

Shooter
    Large Format

blackrapid strap for large polaroid cameras?

Ive been playing with the idea of adding a shoulder strap on my polaroid. I wanted some input and feedback. Your contribution is appreciated.

Im using a polaroid 110b with a graflox back. Shooting a range of 6x9 to instant film to 4x5 film.

After shooting for a few hours my arm was killing me. So a strap came to mind. Im proposing the black rapid rs4 to be put on the tripod mount on the polaroid 110b.

- is it a good idea to leave the camera folded out? Or leave the strap only when the camera is closed? (I am concerned about bending the frame.)
    any other concerns i did not consider?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Take off the leather hand strap and replace it with a regular strap, preferably a neoprene strap if you are worried about the weight. I use a Tamrac leather strap on mine. You don't have to worry about leaving the camera open if you use a regular strap since the back of the camera will rest against your body. I would skip that Black Rapid strap. Your camera will flop all over the place with a good chance of ruining something, like the bellows, or maybe important parts of your body getting poked by the twisting camera. Looks like a waste of money to me. There is a lot of junk out there for gear centric people with a lot of money to waste.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin