Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,285   Posts: 1,535,067   Online: 1100

Thread: My latest find

Shooter
    Medium Format

My latest find

This past Saturday, while accompanying my girlfriend to the area's Salvation Army thrift store, o found a Polaroid 430 camera in good condition. The bellows showed no signs of light leaks, and the mechanical operation seemed fine.

The price? $4.99.

However, I have a question. Would it be able to accept and use 3.25" x 4.25" pack film from Fuji, or do I have something to place on a shelf?

Dieter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 430 can use both the FP-100C and FP-3000B films. One thing to note is that it uses a hard-to-find 3v battery with snap ends, and the shutter won't work without it. I've gotten around this by using a CR123A battery and taping the snap contact wires to the battery using electrical tape.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I ordered mine from batterymart.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I converted mine (a 103 but the principle works the same) the other day, with a batteryholder for 2 euros and 2 AA 1.5V batteries. Works very nicely now.

I looked a bit at this page while doing the conversion: http://www.instantoptions.com/conversions/104/104.6.php
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm
    Last night I converted a 250 to use AAA batteries. A well made camera with Zeiss rangefinder. Works perfectly.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin