Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,977   Posts: 1,523,675   Online: 1178

Shooter
    Large Format

Polaroid Land Camera Bellow Light Leaks

Bought my friend a Polaroid Land Camera 100 and after he shot a couple packs of film, we discovered that the bellows have multiple light leaks. Specifically on the corners. Was wondering if/how we can patch those holes. Any help would be great, thank you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used black silicone on the corners of bellows on an old kodak. Sealed it nicely and is flexible.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelT72 View Post
    I used black silicone on the corners of bellows on an old kodak. Sealed it nicely and is flexible.
    Thanks, I'll try that out.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Sealing a Bellows

Here is a technique I have used for many years on cracked or pin hole leaks in a bellows. It is VERY effective.
    Go buy a can of the liquid Plasit-dip in black. Read the instructions and buy the thinner/cleaner (can't remember offhand which solvent it is). Get yourself a good quality 1" paint brush. Now, thin the Plasti-dip down to a thin consistency. Remove the bellows if you can. If you can't be sure eveything but the bellows is well covered. Make sure the bellows is free of dust or any foreign matter. Very lightly paint the problem areas with a THIN layer of the Plasti-dip. Let dry for a few minutes and then work the bellows when it is at a point that the Plasti-dip will not stick to itself. If you have thinned it properly this will seal all your leaks and yet leave the bellows flexible for use. I have used this technique on everything from MP-4 cameras to Old Sinar P's and it has served me well. The only down side is that you must do it on the outside of the bellows because the end result is fairly shiney and so it shows. Inside the bellows it might cause glare.
    Hope this helps.

Oldfrog

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    strechy electrical tape seems to be a good solution. have a look at this: http://moominsean.blogspot.fr/2012/0...xperience.html

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin