Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,697   Posts: 1,482,549   Online: 906

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I wasn't referring to you Skip. Sorry you thought that... the comment was not intended for you. I should have been more specific.
    Oops. Ok, Brian, thank you for clarifying that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll tell you what I'm waiting for but not a peep from anyone about even thinking of making it: a true T-52 replacement.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, a true type 52 replacement would be wonderful. But hopefully a less finicky version could be produced.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brofkand View Post
    I remember hearing about New55 shortly after the Impossible Project started in earnest. I didn't hear much else about it, and didn't think anything of it either---then I got a 4x5 camera and some old stock Type 55 and can't wait.

The blog for the project has started to ramp up, so I'm thinking we may be close to a launch. The posts are very vague and I have yet to see a new55 envelope anywhere on the web (just scans of the negatives, which could just as easily be made in Instagram on an iPhone), so I can't help but think this may be just a huge scam.

What do you think? Will we see an order page on the new55 site before year's end, is this just the game of a charlatan, or are we somewhere in the middle?
    You know, I'm a member here too. Everything technical, business, social and artistic about New55 FILM is on that blog. Everything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BobCrowley View Post
    You know, I'm a member here too. Everything technical, business, social and artistic about New55 FILM is on that blog. Everything.
    I apologize for jumping the gun and calling you and your organization charlatans. It was wrong of me to jump to that conclusion. I anticipate the day I can order some New55 FILM and eat the rest of my words.

And I disagree about everything being on your site---there's no ship date or even a tentative date. The Impossible Project had a goal date on their site as they counted down to availability. It is for that reason I discredited your venture. I appreciate you sharing your problems with getting the chemical pods to spread evenly and the sharpness of your negative material, but all of that is meaningless if the product never ships.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brofkand View Post
    I apologize for jumping the gun and calling you and your organization charlatans. It was wrong of me to jump to that conclusion. I anticipate the day I can order some New55 FILM and eat the rest of my words.

And I disagree about everything being on your site---there's no ship date or even a tentative date. The Impossible Project had a goal date on their site as they counted down to availability. It is for that reason I discredited your venture. I appreciate you sharing your problems with getting the chemical pods to spread evenly and the sharpness of your negative material, but all of that is meaningless if the product never ships.
    Those cannot be there if we don't know them yet. Meaningless?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Big differences between TIP and new55. TIP had the advantage of starting with a recently run plant, and knowledgeable workers, plus capital funding. New55 has none of those advantages, so it is impressive they have gotten as far as they have. TIP films all seem of alpha or beta level quality at best, and overpriced at that. They do have some good marketeering skills though.

Too bad new55 couldnt get the recently shut down(?) fuji fp100c45 line. I will seriously miss that product. The line probably could have been adapted to 55type film too I bet.

Ed

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd give my right arm for a new and faithful 55. Well, somebodies right arm anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you get familiar with what's been happening with New55 you'll realize a few things. One, it's run by a number of very competent people who have had success in many products in the past; including medical technology and high-end ribbon microphones. So they're definitely legit, and know what it takes to bring a product to market.

Two, they're still R&Ding, while simultaneously looking into suppliers/manufacturers for scaled up production. This is a real world process that can't just happen overnight. The blog is an opportunity to see what an actual product development, branding and scaling operation looks and smells like.

Three... patience is a virtue....

I have faith in Mr. Crowley and his folks out East.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just wondering if anybody has heard anything new about NEW55.

Still trying to be patient .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin