Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,745   Online: 799

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minolta 16

Shooter
    Multi Format

Minolta 16

After seeing Minolta 16 interest in the Minox thread thought I would start a Minolta 16 thread. I will start by saying that I have a 16Ps, and a 16QT but no film for them. Do others use them and have suppliers for film and processing.
    Marvin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i know they sell double run 8mm
    which is 16mm with a perf ...
    maybe prepfilmservices or internatonalfilm can help you ..

( added later )

the film slitters mr goat hill sells are topnotch !

good luck !
    john
    Last edited by jnanian; 08-19-2012 at 06:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These cameras were designed to use 16 mm film. In order to match all of the models this must be perforated on one side only. To use the cameras you will need to have a least one Minolta cassette. Minolta sold film for these cameras but now you must load your own cassettes and develop your own film. These cassettes can be hard to obtain and can have a high asking price. Some years ago there was a man selling new cassettes of VERY shoddy construction so be careful what you buy. Non-perforated 16 mm microfilm can also be used with special developers. There is also a russian version of these cameras. However the cassettes made for them a slightly too large to fit the Minoltas. But Minolta cassettes will fit the russian camera. You cannot use 110 film because of the pre-exposed frames lines.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 08-19-2012 at 10:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    an apug user, vpwphoto, might have some spools to sell
    or an idea where you might find film as well. he
    was selling his kit in the classifieds a long while ago ...

good luck!
    john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi,
    I'm not into movie cameras, but I have a color filter set for Minolta-16(ll) if anyone would like it it's free you just pay shipping. It looks like its from the 60's, comes with nice cardboard box, and a circular filter holder, there are three color filters in it all little square types, w/ metal frames. Each one in its own slot, kinda cool.
    One is a 80A, an 81b or 818? And the last appears to be a skylight. All three appear new. And is made by minolta. let me know if interested!
    Thanks,
    2bits

Knowing the PO they may want to charge me about $4 or 5 to ship it.
    Last edited by 2bits; 09-15-2012 at 01:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pm sent on the filters.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi, When I had my 16, it looks like you can reload 110 film in the cassettes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kram View Post
    Hi, When I had my 16, it looks like you can reload 110 film in the cassettes.
    Tried this once and it was a failure. The 110 film already has film frame lines imprinted on it. There is no way to line these up correctly in the Minolta.

You can also get 16mm unperforated microfilm. This film will require a special developer such as Perfection XR-1 or H&W Control.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 09-15-2012 at 03:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bough my cassette via a link on the sub club about a year ago.

Goat Hill Photo, or something like that, in Texas.

Smooth transaction, goods delivered in a timely manner, exactly as advertised.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Goat Hill Photo is great for slit film; I haven't tried their splitters. You can use 16mm movie film. Also microfilm; here's an approach I got from a Subclub user some time ago. It's for Agfa Copex microfilm at ISO 50, but best to avoid high contrast situations:

Mix a Sodium Sulfite solution of 2 oz Sodium Sulfite to 1 liter of water. Mix 2.5mm of HC-110 (concentrate, not stock solution) to 200ml of Sodium Sulfite solution. Develop for 6 min at 68 degrees F with agitation every 30 seconds.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin