Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,093   Online: 731

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Impossible version of instagram

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...mages-into-rea

I think it would be better to make those back for hasselblad, but I guess Iphone market is bigger :\

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting idea, but a universal cradle that could accept any phone would make it more appealing. A built-in LCD screen that could be sent an image (wired or wirelessly) from any digital source (phone, digicam, scanner, computer) and expose onto IP film would be even better.

Now, if they'll only work on improving their film...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    christ this thing makes me vomit, not sure what's worse about the whole dreadful idea.

could be the fact that this thing has no market - aren't the people likely to use it already faking polaroids and then just print them off on a photoprinter, it's not like the thing is conveniant or that mobile...

maybe it's the fact that the head of the company that makes the film it uses, the film he wants us to buy, all but admits he doesn't use his own materials, but his iphone to take picture instead...

but it's probably the fact that their first "polaroid camera" is just a printer, for digital images. weren't they meant to save instant film? doesn't polaroid already make an instant digital camera...

I'm just bitter, bitter that people have been looking for a back like this they could fit to their 600se, medium/LF cameras since the few originals were snapped up and sell for stupid money and they go and make one for iphones.

Christ this brings me down, still hopefully they'll make it, some arseholes will buy it, the fad will pass and I can buy one on ebay for a steal, cut it to bits and use it as it should be used - as an analogue camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by himself View Post
    I'm just bitter, bitter that people have been looking for a back like this they could fit to their 600se, medium/LF cameras since the few originals were snapped up and sell for stupid money and they go and make one for iphones.
    There were almost 100 million iPhones sold during the first three quarters of this year. How many medium format cameras were sold during that period?

If you were designing a product, which of the two markets would you aim at?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    could be the fact that this thing has no market - aren't the people likely to use it already faking polaroids and then just print them off on a photoprinter, it's not like the thing is conveniant or that mobile...
    There are a lot of iPhone users. Probably a sizeable number of people who already use IP film also have an iPhone.

but it's probably the fact that their first "polaroid camera" is just a printer, for digital images. weren't they meant to save instant film? doesn't polaroid already make an instant digital camera...
    It makes sense to me. The guts of the thing is the FPU (film processing unit). A camera can be built around it, and they will probably do that too, but the market for a new instant film camera is likely much smaller than the market for the iPhone printer. They'll need money to come up with other applications, so why not target a large market for your first rollout?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I was one of the first to jump in and donate this morning. It'll be fun to play with…technically you could also make it a pinhole instant film camera with the appropriate hole instead of the iPhone holder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Impossible film is to expensive for me and I will just keep using my old Polaroids. Do have a cell phone but it is dumb phone with more features than I use:^)
    “In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took,
    but how many moments took your breath away.”
    ― Shing Xiong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bitnaut View Post
    technically you could also make it a pinhole instant film camera with the appropriate hole instead of the iPhone holder.
    Actually this is very good remark! You should send them an email with idea to make pinhole holder .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There is definitely a market for it if they've nearly hit their funding goal in a matter of days. Looks like this one will be over funded quite a bit in the end. Will stick to my sx70 though if they can bring that back cheaper..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've bought into two kickstarter campaigns. Both are now months late and still are likely weeks if not months away from shipping. I will not do another anytime soon.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin