Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,526   Posts: 1,543,908   Online: 1059

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Finally impossible picture are not sensitive to light any more when ejected

Hi all,

http://shop.the-impossible-project.c...x680_bp_mum#p1

As I am in pioneer program - I have already tested this film - and it is true, you don't need to shield pictures any more.

IMHO - biggest problem (beside price ) is solved.

Only thing is that you need to wait picture to develop quite long, around 20-30 minutes, but quality of pictures and colors are very good - comparable with instax wide.

Next step should be to put this protecting layer in B&W films also.

regards,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got the email about this new film from Impossible 40 minutes ago, and within 10 minutes of receiving it, I had placed my order for three packs. I'm really hoping this film lives up to the claims made for it by IP.

I agree the price is atrocious. Eventually IP is going to have to compete with Fuji on price, else it will never rise above being a niche product.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipA View Post

I agree the price is atrocious. Eventually IP is going to have to compete with Fuji on price, else it will never rise above being a niche product.
    Only bad thing about fuji is that they don't have B&W instax film, and cameras are cool and nice looking only for instax mini, instax wide cameras are ugly - not even to start comparison with polaroid SLR's.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The fuji type-100 films are amazing. I dont need no impossible films, when i get 10 shots fuji for half the price of 8 shots IP.
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The quality of the Fuji films is incomparable. Unfortunately, there isn't one that fits in my SX-70.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipA View Post
    The quality of the Fuji films is incomparable. Unfortunately, there isn't one that fits in my SX-70.
    If you're feeling brave :
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum234/...id-camera.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for that coigach. I'm certainly brave enough to attempt it, but I don't have the patience for it. That is an incredibly tedious process to have to go through to use the Fuji film in an SX-70. I'm not sure I see the point, except for the sake of novelty.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can still get the Blend film for SX-70 on the bay every now and then though.
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think next step for impossible will be to introduce film pack without batteries, and separate rechargeable battery. That would lower the cost of film pack + more eco friendly. In some of the interviews they sad that they are working on it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That would need some pretty fancy engineering to work in polaroid cameras, which expect a battery within the film pack.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin