Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,516   Posts: 1,572,114   Online: 1105

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Fixing pinholes on an EE100 and other questions

So, I was talking to my friend and he had an old Polaroid EE100 to give away! There was a little battery corrosion which I fixed up, and everything is working properly, but I have a few questions...

First off, there are the pinholes... How do I fix them? Should I even try to fix them, or try to enjoy the result? If I try with the pinholes unsealed, would I be able to remove the pack and load it into my Colorpack II in the darkroom, and be able to shoot the rest of the pack unmolested if I didn't like the light leak effect?

Also, I noticed that the switch shoots iso 75, 3000, and past 3000 it goes to ER. What is ER? It seems to just remove the 3000 speed pinhole and shoot back at the normal aperture. Is that all it does, for low lighting?

I bought a bunch of instant film, so this time next week I should have 'roids. Any advice is greatly apppreciated.

(PS, covering up the Electric eye, with it turned all the way to lighten, I can do 1:47 second long exposures, and this model has a tripod release and a cable! Woohoo!)

**Edit** It's an EE100 special! Cool!
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My ee100 has pinholes too. I put photo black paper tape over them. not pretty but works. black silicone caulk will work too (dab from the inside).
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    How hard is it to take a partially shot pack from one camera and put it into another empty one?
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    well, open the camera, take out the pack, put it in the other camera. You only lose one exposure.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If I were to fire the shutter in the first before transferring and pulling to the second, would I still lose the exposure?

What kind of black Caulk do you recommend using? Any specific brand?
    www.EASmithV.com

RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    you're exposing the film just as you would a 4x5 film holder w/o a darkslide. it'll cost you about $1 or you could just do it in the dark. Alex, I think or Dap. there's not that many options for black but maybe someone else will chime in or tell me I'm wrong. wear nitrile or latex gloves, don't get that shit on your hands if you don't have to.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cancel that. I forgot about "liquid electrical tape" sold at most hardware stores and lowes. Easier to use. Apply w/ q tip.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Awesome. Liquid electrical tape sounds good, I have some pinholes in my 8x10 i've been ignoring.
    www.EASmithV.com

RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    EA,
    I read somewhere that black "Wet & Wild" fingernail polish worked real well for pinholes. They said the ingrediants had bonding agents in it. I tried it and it did work great. Since then I have bought some black liquid electrical tape and will give it a shot on the next round, then compare the two.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hm... Let me know your findings!
    www.EASmithV.com

RIP Kodachrome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin