Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,520   Posts: 1,543,798   Online: 816

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Identify this old polaroid please!

I'm an unashamed shallow DOF junkie, and I like the DOF it can give, and my, what a big lens for a polaroid! What camera is this? Found this image on the net

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pola190_120710_self.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	768.9 KB 
ID:	58116
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey- that looks like a Polaroid model 190 camera (it is also the name of the jpeg you uploaded, so I am fairly certain this is a 190).

It's a great camera and fun to use, too- but rather rare and often expensive (for polaroid cameras, anyway).

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format

Re: Identify this old polaroid please!

It may be the Polaroid 180 as that viewfinder looks like a Zeiss Ikon. The 190 comes with a standard vf

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 180, 185. 190, and the 195 were considered "pro". And as already said they fetch high prices. I like the 100 model, it has mainly metal body, some lens control, and can be mounted on a tripod. The Zeiss view finder can also be found on the 300's through 450's. They also are expensive, the 100 is very similar but does not have the zeiss viewfinder, which Ive never used but my 100's viewfinder works well for me.
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Quote Originally Posted by EASmithV View Post
    I'm an unashamed shallow DOF junkie, and I like the DOF it can give, and my, what a big lens for a polaroid! What camera is this? Found this image on the net

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pola190_120710_self.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	768.9 KB 
ID:	58116
    It is a mirror self portrait shot by a Land 195 with Zeiss RF.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin