Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,114   Online: 1042

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vdonovan View Post
    I'm a Holga retailer and an enthusiastic Holga photographer.
    You poor deluded person.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    My wife has 6 of them, she is launching a show in Springfield Mass in two weeks and Calgary Feb with holga work.

Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Never saw a Holga on a fleamarket, neither any camera out of the Lomography circuit.

I've never came across anyone with a Holga, and only once someone with another camera out of the Lomography range.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paterson Laura Boys and Flight.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    You poor deluded person.
    Delude, convolute or rude.

One of my all-time best selling images is a Holga shot.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    My wife has 6 of them, she is launching a show in Springfield Mass in two weeks and Calgary Feb with holga work.
    Just curious, what does she do with SIX of them? I have three. One set up permanently for 35mm sprocket-shot work, another with an attached cable-release for tripod (which makes it harder for use on the street hand-held), third one my main use one for 120 that is a custom-painted 1960's pastel job. But six?
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Delude, convolute or rude.

One of my all-time best selling images is a Holga shot.
    Sorry, I did not want to appear rude. However, I can take a picture with an M2 and in the darkroom, or through Photoshop make it look like a Holga image, but believe you can't do the reverse. But then you may not want to, but at least I have the choice.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    It gets worse, some fool showed her the Freestyle catalogue and she wants ever single one of them..

That fool was me , because I love her so.

Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Just curious, what does she do with SIX of them? I have three. One set up permanently for 35mm sprocket-shot work, another with an attached cable-release for tripod (which makes it harder for use on the street hand-held), third one my main use one for 120 that is a custom-painted 1960's pastel job. But six?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Sometimes we get caught up with sharpness , tonal range, clarity.

One of the main reasons my wife uses Holgas, is the complete ease of use, Kids get a kick out of her working with these cameras and parents are less threatened when she brings out the funny
    coloured cameras.

Her work trancends time to when our grandparents pulled out the box camera and took images to record their lives. I think of it as a tool to make her work better.

I personally use some really crappy old cameras for specific reasons, and am now biting at the bit to get a 8x10 Titan from Harmon... its just a dam hole in a box , but with the right
    mindset ,some magic may appear.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    and am now biting at the bit to get a 8x10 Titan from Harmon... its just a dam hole in a box , but with the right
    mindset ,some magic may appear.
    If you want simplicity, you may try-

http://www.make-a-print.com/section462733.html

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Looks like an upscale version of the poor excuse of a camera I made out of Cardboard in my first year of photoschool.

Im sure in the right hands ,,, magic would happen.... I cannot help but think of Joseph Sudek and the great imagery he produced with less than perfect equipment.

If you want simplicity, you may try-

http://www.make-a-print.com/section462733.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry, I did not want to appear rude. However, I can take a picture with an M2 and in the darkroom, or through Photoshop make it look like a Holga image, but believe you can't do the reverse. But then you may not want to, but at least I have the choice.
    I find that the mindset I have, and how I look at what I'm aiming the camera at when I shoot with a Holga is completely different than with a more traditional camera, so even if I can make an image exposed with more traditional gear look like a Holga picture in the darkroom or on the computer may not mean I've made the best picture for that look.... if that makes any sense whatsoever...

I like the way the Holga makes me look at the world, and I like that it's a different way than I see it when I'm using a Mamiya or something.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin