Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,238   Online: 1103

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have at least 6 Holgas, and 8 Dianas. They're so much fun to play with, and allow me to work looser. The reason I have so many is that (especially for the Dianas) there's such an inconsistency to them. Each one vignettes differently, the shutter works differently, and the f-stop works differently. They all have their own personality.

I've sold dozens of my Holga/Diana photos. I'm glad my buyers are more open to the images these cameras can produce than some of the people here.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    I have at least 6 Holgas, and 8 Dianas. They're so much fun to play with, and allow me to work looser.
    I bet they do.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The holga has its own "feel".I got one about a month ago having laughed them off for years and was pleasantly surprised.It's good to let go of the finer technical details now and again and just shoot.It's liberating that way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I bet they do.
    What's wrong with that?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Looks like an upscale version of the poor excuse of a camera I made out of Cardboard in my first year of photoschool.
    Without having handled or used this camera you are in no position to comment.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Frankly, Clive, I'm a bit surprised by your disparagement of Holga, and Holga users. Your work shows an interest in multiple image making techniques. Why do you dismiss tools which further that goal?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What happened to the love ?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I get it now , you sell these cameras. Your post confused me for a moment. The design and looks of your camera is certainly much better than what I made in school.

If you read my posts I like pinhole, and holga's and have used both...I also would consider one of your units, except the titan can accept my film holders which I like.

Without having handled or used this camera you are in no position to comment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry, I did not want to appear rude. However, I can take a picture with an M2 and in the darkroom, or through Photoshop make it look like a Holga image, but believe you can't do the reverse. But then you may not want to, but at least I have the choice.
    I hear you Clive. Somewhere in the archives of here, RFF or photo.net there's a reply from me from about 5-6 years ago on a similar thread saying almost exactly what you said here. And with a similar attitude. Then I got a hold of one and used it. When I throw my M2 or MP into my bag with my 50/2 Summicron DR attached I'm going out to shoot knowing what I've got and using that tool to get what it's best for. Otherwise I'd take one of my many other cameras. If I take out the Holga, and only the Holga, my mentality is different, my goals are different. It's almost like another media, or at least using a VERY different brush, and the results are different (not always better, but sometimes ) because of it. Changing negs in photoshop that I shot with my Leicas is making Leica to resemble Holga-like images. Going out with just a Holga and out to shoot "native" Holga images gets me very different results and is a change or a diversity in my photographic goals and mentality I enjoy very much.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Frankly, Clive, I'm a bit surprised by your disparagement of Holga, and Holga users. Your work shows an interest in multiple image making techniques. Why do you dismiss tools which further that goal?
    Because they are no better than simple cameras produced in the late 50s and 60s. It's not new, just old simple imagery. Buy a Brownie 127, which will probably give you a slightly better quality.

Francis Bacon

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin