Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,326   Online: 877

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Lomo LC-A is quite small, and the lens is really not that bad. But personally, I'd stick with the Rollei and live with the slight bulkiness.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just remembered another one. Check out the Konica Big Mini 301. I just got one a few months ago. First few rolls I'm fairly impressed with.

Good thread on it here (though I paid more for mine than is discussed there, about $50):

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=78044
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Pentax auto 110 takes amazingly good photos for a tiny 110 camera. I've made 8x10 prints from 100 ASA b/w film that look every bit as sharp as 35mm. Might be worth a try now that lomo and fukkatsu are making 110 cartridge films again: http://www.ultrafineonline.com/110formatfilms.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why not go for an Olympus 35RC.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    35mm
    Tessina?
    Not in the price range by a long shot but more compact than a Rollei 35 and uses 35mm film in a special cartridge for 14X21mm negatives.
    Had a Rollei 16s a long time ago. Not really that compact and where are you going to get the film cartridges to reload?

I have several Minolta 16II's and they really are compact with a great lens, cheap too. Original Minolta cartridges will cost a lot more than the camera and I would think you will need at least 3 of them. The negative is very small at just 10X14mm but will print 5X7 without too much trouble, grainy of course unless you are using document film with a special developer. The other bug with the 16II is that the focus is fixed at 2.5 meters and you have to use supplementary lenses for shooting at other distances with optimal results. So, not fast to operate sometimes. The original Minolta cartridges are easy to reload.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've got two Olympus Stylus Epics (one for backup as I love it so much) that I can highly recommend. The lens is fantastic and I use it far more than my Yashica T4 Super.

Shooter
    Multi Format

suggestions for a *small* point and shoot?

Great suggestions. I think the 'plastic' (no insult intended) cameras suggested above are good options. I have a few if them (XAs, a minox clone Voigtlander Vito c) and they are easier to throw in a pocket than the classic compact 35s of the 70s of which I also love. I have a pen half frame and it is heavier and bigger than my XA.

I used to have a rollei 35 and for me it was a bit finicky compared to these plastic fantastics! And these can be cheap even on eBay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ricoh R1, the GR1 family's little cousin. Takes amazing pictures. Make sure the LCD display works-- this is the camera's Achilles Heel. But terrific pix, reasonably fasy AF and even has that crazy "panoramic" mode. There was also an R10 that is apparently well worth looking for.

--nosmok

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin