Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,840   Online: 1073

Shooter
    Multi Format

Polaroid 100 scene selector jam

Hello everyone. Just today I was able to get an Automatic 100 but, to my dismay, the scene selector appears to be jammed. Everything else works fine, I'm able to change speeds with the wheel properly. I can move over the knob a bit, but then it won't budge. I've never had this kind of problem with my 220 or 215. Before I have to open the shutter/lens housing, has anyone else had a similar problem?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was able to fix the problem myself by taking off the board cover and seeing that the lever rotating the different apertures had gone to the wrong side. It was just a matter of putting the lever (red) back along with it's tension wire (pink). I hope someone else can use this information when encountering a similar problem.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100fix.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	607.0 KB 
ID:	59220

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Polaroid 100 is a great camera, need to get another one. Children talked me out of the ones I had.
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I couldn't agree more. While I don't want to knock the plastic models, nothing really compares to solid metal and glass. The build quality really stands out, I think.

Shooter
    Instant Films

Land 360 with flash 365

Quote Originally Posted by one90guy View Post
    The Polaroid 100 is a great camera, need to get another one. Children talked me out of the ones I had.
    Consider Land 360 with flash 365 on NiMH and Li batteries. Dump that Polaroid charger.

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PolaGraph.com View Post
    Consider Land 360 with flash 365 on NiMH and Li batteries. Dump that Polaroid charger.
    if the flash still works...I bought 3 of them. neither would work after a battery change. obviously the capacitors suffer from age as well.

Shooter
    Instant Films

Revived Land 360 with flash 365

Quote Originally Posted by xya View Post
    if the flash still works...I bought 3 of them. neither would work after a battery change. obviously the capacitors suffer from age as well.
    Of course the flash 365 needs to be revived by modern components.
    Only pro like you can understand the value of fully upgraded Land 360 flash Kit, which is better than Dr. Land's original keep-it-plugged-in flash.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin