Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,772   Posts: 1,484,346   Online: 1219

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneR View Post
    but it looks like toy camera optics
    As you probably know, glass lenses are available: http://microsites.lomography.com/belair/lenses

But including one would make it much less of a bargain.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am rather disappointed that the cameras cannot be ordered without the plastic lenses, I would just want the Russian glass lenses.

I am thinking other glass lenses could be fitted by recycling the plastic lens bayonette mount and fitting to a Schneider or Rodenstock lens.

If this works out, there may be alternate lenses avalable for the Belair 6x12 from Alpenhause Kamera Werke.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    for the price of the camera and a "russian glass lens" you could buy a 4x5 camera.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Shooting at 16 on the 58 is much better, imo, than f8.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Anyone shot a Fuji 617?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For the non-believers: It has metering. First 6x12 camera with metering, ever, and generally you dont find medium format cameras with metering this cheap. And theyre not nearly as portable. Most folder cameras doesnt have interchangable optics either, let alone three different sizes to choose from, on-body.
    Nicholai Nissen
    Kolding, Denmark
    nicholainissen@gmail.com

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholai View Post
    For the non-believers: It has metering. First 6x12 camera with metering, ever, and generally you dont find medium format cameras with metering this cheap. And theyre not nearly as portable. Most folder cameras doesnt have interchangable optics either, let alone three different sizes to choose from, on-body.
    only kind of metering...they call it "zone focussing", I call it guesstimation. have a look at this http://www.lomography.asia/about/faq...-belair-x-6-12 there are "gaps" with the 90mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The camera has limitations, but I think it's pretty well made for the price. The uniqueness of the format increases it's value enormously too.

The lenses are definitely the weak point, but that's why the interchangeable lenses are brilliant! I've got the Russian lenses on order, and will probably sacrifice the plastic 90mm to recycle the lens mount for other lenses. Interchangeable lenses on a folder can you imagine? It makes you wish Fuji had taken that approach to the 667.

I wrote a fairly detailed review of the Belair on my blog:
    http://altcameras.com/
    My other camera is a Pentax

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by filmamigo View Post
    The camera has limitations, but I think it's pretty well made for the price. The uniqueness of the format increases it's value enormously too.

The lenses are definitely the weak point, but that's why the interchangeable lenses are brilliant! I've got the Russian lenses on order, and will probably sacrifice the plastic 90mm to recycle the lens mount for other lenses. Interchangeable lenses on a folder can you imagine? It makes you wish Fuji had taken that approach to the 667.

I wrote a fairly detailed review of the Belair on my blog:
    http://altcameras.com/
    Nice writeup - do you have any images you made with it posted anywhere? I'd like to see the pudding that is the proverbial proof.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine arrived a few days ago, but I haven't had a moment to put a roll or two of film through, I'll post them when I do. Camera looks and feels great to hold, think I'm going to like it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin