Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,483   Posts: 1,571,210   Online: 1106

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The SX-70 Craze...

Well the first one I bought for $60 I ended up returning because it was shot. I picked up another one, but it ended up needing repairs as well. After the repairs on this one, and shipping and losses from the first one, I'm in this SX70 for $225.

The nice thing is that it now has a new motor, a new coupler, and newly soldered shutter contacts. The rollers have been cleaned, the film compartment blown out, the chrome has been polished, and its been recovered in light blue leather.

I should get it back next week and I'll be able to try the rest of my Impossible Color Protection film.

I also picked up a working Nissin flash for it so ill have that to try as well.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

The SX-70 Craze...

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    Well the first one I bought for $60 I ended up returning because it was shot. I picked up another one, but it ended up needing repairs as well. After the repairs on this one, and shipping and losses from the first one, I'm in this SX70 for $225.

The nice thing is that it now has a new motor, a new coupler, and newly soldered shutter contacts. The rollers have been cleaned, the film compartment blown out, the chrome has been polished, and its been recovered in light blue leather.

I should get it back next week and I'll be able to try the rest of my Impossible Color Protection film.

I also picked up a working Nissin flash for it so ill have that to try as well.
    That's why the ones you saw were so much, they had those repairs.

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

The SX-70 Craze...

Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    impossible did not start from scratch, they had several people who work for them from the original polaroid, along with original materials, machines, etc. THey had a HUGE jump start. And even still, their stuff has basically sucked out loud up until now, and they had the balls to charge huge money for it even still. (and people bought it! WTF.) Expired TimeZero is/was a better choice. Not sure about the latest iteration of their stuff, maybe it's finally ready for prime time. They are good at marketeering, I'll give them that. But I have yet to see anything from them that's worth even half what they charge (e.g. the film). Hopefully soon though, I do want them to succeed (which means better product and lower prices).

The real crime is that Fuji discontinued FP100c45 and FP100B in general. Those were/are the best instant film product ever, I think.
    I would say type 55 was the best, a usable negative AND an instant contact print!

~Stone

The Important Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The SX-70 Craze...

[QUOTE=StoneNYC;1439344]I would say type 55 was the best, a usable negative AND an instant contact print!

~Stone[/quot]

If I'm not mistaken, you can bleach the Impossible negatives just like you can with FP100c - which I have done and have a lot of fun doing so!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

The SX-70 Craze...

[QUOTE=ChristopherCoy;1439642]
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I would say type 55 was the best, a usable negative AND an instant contact print!

~Stone[/quot]

If I'm not mistaken, you can bleach the Impossible negatives just like you can with FP100c - which I have done and have a lot of fun doing so!
    I keep hearing about that but have seen no actual directions on how to do it... Does it work for color and B&W and what kind of breech, time, special notes, etc?

EDIT: and you said "impossible negatives" you mean the integral film can be taken out and somehow turned into a negative also?

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The SX-70 Craze...

This is one of my favorite videos on FP100c.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7diQfXiTfBg&sns=em

I think the Impossible blog has instructions as well

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The SX-70 Craze...

Yes here is the video I've seen. Impossible emulsion lift.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYID_-VPGY4

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The SX-70 Craze...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The SX-70 Craze...

Oh wait... I'm confusing emulsion lifts and bleaching negatives.

Eta: maybe you can't get a negative from integral film. I think I might have been mentally confusing emulsion lifts and negatives. I've been working nights this week, you'll have to excuse me.
    Last edited by ChristopherCoy; 12-31-2012 at 02:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

The SX-70 Craze...

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    Oh wait... I'm confusing emulsion lifts and bleaching negatives.

Eta: maybe you can't get a negative from integral film. I think I might have been mentally confusing emulsion lifts and negatives. I've been working nights this week, you'll have to excuse me.
    No worries I know that the Fuji type 100 stuff can be bleeched somehow I just don't know how... And that's more interesting to me than the integral stuff anyway lol

Go get some sleep

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin