Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,563   Online: 1056

Shooter
    Medium Format

SX-70 support strut

Hi All,

I've heard a lot about the Impossible Project film and dig the look of it. I remembered that my grandma had a Polaroid camera and went over yesterday to ask if I could borrow it. She said I could have it and it turns out to be a pretty nice looking SX-70. There was one problem, and that was that the support strut/bar was stuck and I had to use some pliers to un-jam it. The bar is a bit warped and while I can now fold the camera up, the strut/bar seems to be out of the track it should be in. This makes it a little difficult to put it in shooting position, but it is doable. Is there an easy way to get this back in place?

I'm not even sure the camera will work. My dad says he remembers it from childhood, but it has been sitting in her closet for decades.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know if there is an easy way to re-align the strut, but I can tell you that the angle between the bed and the body of the SX70 is very important. The mirror used to reflect the image down onto the film must be in perfect alignment if you want to have focused images.

Maybe this will help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually, this great video may explain the need for aligning the mirror better.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for that link.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin