Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,221   Posts: 1,532,327   Online: 1048

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Got my polaroid!!

So last week my Dad and I started talking about polaroids we had growing up (I'm pretty sure we had a pack camera and later an original SX-70.) My Dad started looking and said he found the Polaroid and would send it to me (and he also had expired film which he had the foresight to put in the fridge.) Well, it arrived this afternoon and appears to work fine. Only one question. It seems to not close easily. The thing I found that appears to work is gently push the sides out ever so slightly so it releases. Is there a better way? I've attached a picture of the camera and an image from the 01/2004 expired film.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-12-28 15.38.53.jpg   ediepolaroid500.jpg  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Got my polaroid!!

WHAT doesn't close easily?

Also WOW that film is in fantastic shape! Much crisper than the TIP film ...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Stone for your response. I too was surprised how well film that expired 9 years ago worked but again...my Dad put it in the fridge so it was cold stored. It's the top part with the flash. When I tried to simply hold it by the sides and push it down (as the manual specifies) it seemed to want more pressure than I was comfortable with. It seemed to work better by the method I described above (pushing the sides very slightly out so it released) but I don't think that was the intended method.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Got my polaroid!!

Oh! Hmm I just close mine, it has some resistance then falls down quick with a loud slap, I think that's just how they were, but being gentile is probably better than my method... But mine hasn't broken yet...yet...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've noticed the difficult closing on some older cameras. Usually it's caused by a slight warp in the plastic arms that hold the flash.
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin