Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,669   Posts: 1,481,754   Online: 935

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Polaroid 360 flash modification.

I just received my Polaroid 360 with flash and charger. I was able to find replacement batteries for the camera, but I need to do something about the flash.

Would you simply replace the rechargeable battery in the flash with a new one? Or modify it with an external AA battery box or something?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I assume it is a matter of kind of use. If you would need the kit to be used at any instant or for a prolonged time then a modification to exchangeble batteries, whether classic or rechargable would be the way to go.
    Otherwise I would keep in the original state with the rechargable batteries.

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    all you need to know you will find here http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/how2-365batt.htm . if the capacitor is still fine, I would replace the batteries with similar ones and keep the charger. it's the easiest way of using it. with new batteries you will have about 30 flashes per charge. that should be fine. 2/3C batteries can be found on ebay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by henry finley View Post
    Now, where are you going to find 107/108 film?
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ack_White.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Go to the Film Photography Podcasts site. They have a cold shoe adapter so you can use any flash. The 360 flash units are known to have problems.
    http://filmphotographyproject.com
    Go to there store to find it.
    For got to say you use a PC cord to the camera to sync.

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rbender View Post
    Go to the Film Photography Podcasts site. They have a cold shoe adapter so you can use any flash. The 360 flash units are known to have problems.
    http://filmphotographyproject.com
    Go to there store to find it.
    For got to say you use a PC cord to the camera to sync.
    are you sure about it? I have visited their site (nice and interesting site indeed). I have seen various adapters for pack 100 cameras but none for the 360. the 360 has no socket for any cable, pc or not, it has just the special adapter for it's dedicated flash.
    yes, the flashes are kown for some problems. nevertheless the original flash even adapts it's power according to the distance via some horizontal blinds which open or close. simple, very efficient and quite handy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You are right. Sorry about that. I thought for sure I had heard on one of there podcasts having a work around for the 360 flash. Looks like the google for any work around if there is one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Polaroid 360 flash modification.

Quote Originally Posted by johnielvis View Post
    all around it's best to get a 180 or a speed with polaroid back...or a 195...

Well unfortunately I don't have the $500-$800 to whip out for a 180 or 195.

So this 360 is going to have to do.

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rbender View Post
    You are right. Sorry about that. I thought for sure I had heard on one of there podcasts having a work around for the 360 flash. Looks like the google for any work around if there is one?
    there must have been conversions by polaroid camera repair. I bought one from the son of an american professional photographer which has the special adapter converted to a hot shoe. I was told that the conversion had been made by polaroid. in any case: obviously it's possible and with an electronic controlled flash it works fine. I'm not much into electronics but perhaps there is somebody who could do it for us. I would appreciate it, as I have more of these cameras and only one original flash working.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Christopher you might keep your eye out for a Polaroid 100 or 250. They have the PC port and can use a regular flash unit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin