Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,544   Posts: 1,544,422   Online: 1072

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

polaroid 669 project

I've got a batch of 15 pcs double pack polaroid 669 coming in the post soon.
    I will get them for free.
    I'm now thinking on how to make a project for this batch of nice peel film.
    I'm using a 250 Land camera.

Would this all auto camera be to limiting? Would a MF camera with pola back be a better choice?
    Any suggestions very welcome.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rhmimac View Post
    Would this all auto camera be to limiting? Would a MF camera with pola back be a better choice?
    Any suggestions very welcome.
    Yes, yes and no.

An MF camera isn't going to cut it because it's not going to fully utilize the 3x4 area.

The best is to shoot with something like a Mamiya Press/Universal, Polaroid 600SE, Graflex XL, etc that takes 3x4 Polaroid backs. Or a 4x5 camera (e.g., Graflex Crown/Speed Graphic) with a 405 back.

But also, 250 is fun, too. So I'd suggest just shoot with whatever you have and enjoy it.

I currently shoot 3x4 size Polaroid and Fuji film with my Polaroid 180, 4x5 cam with 405 back, and a 2x3 Crown Graphic with a DIY 3x4 Polaroid back. All fun :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks rawhead for pointing out the reduction of exposed area. The only limiting thing on the pola 250 is that it's lacking a nice flash to strobe with the ISO80 film. I'm using a vivitar pc connected flash now and then which I have to hold with one hand while focussing the viewfinder with the other hand. You can imaging the laughter when I'm popping up with this combo on my friends parties. I will have to make a fixed connection to hold the flash on it's proper place besides the camera in order to focus more ergonomically/precisely/faster.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If flash photography is important, then definitely the Mamiya Press and similar options will be your best bet; they all have normal LF style lenses with both X and M-sync terminals :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you're still interested in using your 250, the Film Photography Podcast offers a bracket to hold a flash: http://filmphotographyproject.com/st...holder-bracket
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    nickrapak, that's a great solution indeed. Tnx for linking through.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin