Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,766   Posts: 1,516,403   Online: 1023

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Which lab for C-41 off the cartridge?

I wanted to try some 35mm in my Holga (a 120 one, of course). By the time I got to the end, I couldn't exactly remember what film I'd put in and "assumed" (yeah, ass of u and me, mostly me) that it was B&W. So I took it out of the camera in the darkroom and put it straight onto a reel - by cutting it off at the cartridge end. So when I turned on the lights, I saw that it was Provia 400H. erg. So now I have a roll of 35mm C-41 on a reel. What is the best way to repackage it to send it to a lab? And which lab is most likely to be able to handle it? Or is there an apugger who does C-41 who can run it for me (no cutting or prints needed)?

Shooter
    35mm
    Provia 400H is E-6, not C-41 (are you cross-processing it?). My initial thought is if you still have the cartridge, pop it open and tape the film back to the spool (or the little bit that is still attached to it), put it back in the cartridge, and take it to a pro lab and tell them what happened so they know there's an extra little bit of tape in the cartridge and can handle it appropriately so it won't gum up the works.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry - I was typing faster than I was thinking. It's Pro400H, not Provia. I can probably get the film back into the can, but I won't be able to get the top back on the cartridge in a way that will make it light-tight. I also don't have any pro labs around here.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've not personally used them, but Blue Moon Camera and Machine is well thought of among APUGgers. You might contact them and see what they say to do. Another option might be Dwayne's Photo in Parsons, KS or DR5 in Denver. Not sure about pro labs in Pennsylvania, sorry.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Bethe. I can do it for you -- might take me a couple weeks though, as I'm "between kits" at the moment. I'm in the North Hills...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the offer, Brian! I'll keep it in mind since I have a batch to get developed and it will be awhile before any gets sent off (want to finish the roll in one camera). Meaning that I'm not in a hurry. I might just try Blue Moon, though. I've sent stuff off to Dwayne's before, so they're a possibility, too.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sure, let me know. I'll be mixing some C-41 this weekend...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin