Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,568   Online: 862

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some misinformation in here. 405 or pa145 backs are $200 and up. Film is still made for those. Pa45 or 550 backs are $100 or less. Film no longer made but still available on secondary market at $65-80 for a 10pack.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That's what I thought. Neither way is as cheap as it was made to sound earlier in the thread.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by M Carter View Post
    I'd really like to shoot the remaining pack films in my 4x5 cambo; I know there's backs for this, but they're $200 and up it seems.

Has anyone succeeded in adapting, say, an MF back to slide into a 4x5? I know it won't use the whole image area and you'd need to mark the ground glass... wonder if it's been done. Google doesn't return anything, too many hits for discontinued 4x5 products.

I've adapted a couple 100 land cameras for modern batteries, but i'd like the control and movements of a 4x5... unless there's a pack-film camera solution to look for (tilt, manual controls, and a PC socket for starters...)

there are 2 different types of pack film ...
    one is a stack of film and tabs that went into pack film adapters ..
    the sheets were thin, like roll film and haven't been made in a long time ..
    and then there is instant film ...

which film is it you have ?

thanks
    ask me how ..

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    there are 2 different types of pack film ...
    one is a stack of film and tabs that went into pack film adapters ..
    the sheets were thin, like roll film and haven't been made in a long time ..
    and then there is instant film ...

which film is it you have ?

thanks
    Are you talking readyloads?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you talking readyloads?
    He's probably not.

Read the 2nd, and/or 3rd entries in this Wiki page link.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_holder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    im talking about this stuff

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/1...-523-what.html

and the film pack adapters look like this

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Shooter
    Medium Format
    To clarify -

I want to use the currently manufactured type-100 pack films (I'm thinking that's the two Fuji's, fp3000 and fc100 if memory serves) in a 4x5 view camera;

I have a classic polaroid 4x5 holder with nothing available on the market to feed it (other than dwindling old stock).

For pack film, I have the fiber-optics forschers on my Nikons, I have a pack film back for my Mamiya. I have two Polaroid Land 100's. Those all take pack film.

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck modifying a pack film back for a 4x5 view camera, if there's any existing knowledge or is it fairly no-brainer?

There are usually several backs on ebay that will do just what I want; they're $200 and up. If it's been tried and (for some reason that hasn't occurred to me) is a dead end, I'll look into one of those. But used polaroid backs for pack film are plentiful out there.

I know fuji did something along the lines of a "4x5 pack film" but that died fairly young. Supposedly Impossible Project is experimenting with bringing back the classic pos-neg film (and won't that be a glorious day???) But for now, for all practical purposes - non-experimental work where repeatable results from current products are available - we're down to two emulsions for peel apart.

Polaroid types & nomenclatures have confused plenty of shooters - but sadly, it's all pretty simple these days...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Pack film for a 4x5 camera?

Quote Originally Posted by M Carter View Post
    To clarify -

I want to use the currently manufactured type-100 pack films (I'm thinking that's the two Fuji's, fp3000 and fc100 if memory serves) in a 4x5 view camera;

I have a classic polaroid 4x5 holder with nothing available on the market to feed it (other than dwindling old stock).

For pack film, I have the fiber-optics forschers on my Nikons, I have a pack film back for my Mamiya. I have two Polaroid Land 100's. Those all take pack film.

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck modifying a pack film back for a 4x5 view camera, if there's any existing knowledge or is it fairly no-brainer?

There are usually several backs on ebay that will do just what I want; they're $200 and up. If it's been tried and (for some reason that hasn't occurred to me) is a dead end, I'll look into one of those. But used polaroid backs for pack film are plentiful out there.

I know fuji did something along the lines of a "4x5 pack film" but that died fairly young. Supposedly Impossible Project is experimenting with bringing back the classic pos-neg film (and won't that be a glorious day???) But for now, for all practical purposes - non-experimental work where repeatable results from current products are available - we're down to two emulsions for peel apart.

Polaroid types & nomenclatures have confused plenty of shooters - but sadly, it's all pretty simple these days...
    Just FYI impossible will NOT be making the current pack film size (the Fuji100fc or whatever it is) I've spooked with them, the machine that made them had been disassembled before they were able to purchase it and R&D into a new one is unprofitable so they won't ever do it (unless Fuji discontinued their stock and sells the machine to TIP).

The "55project" or whatever they are called in Boston, MA, USA are working on a NEW type pos/neg that's supposedly much better than the original and I've seen a few examples, they are still ironing out the kinks.

They are LOOSLEY affiliated with TIP but only because I assume TIP will be the distributor. And may use the type 55 projects info to come out with 8x10 stuff since they have the machining for that size.

The type 55 project I BELIEVE is using 4x5 pack film sizes if memory serves...

Also "type55 project" is not the exact name, I forget what it is but it's some variation of that wording...

Personally I'm looking for a 4x5 pack film holder just in preparation in case the type 55 project is a success

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    the project is here http://new55project.blogspot.fr/ afaik they are working on single sheets, which would be the 545 holder. and they are only working on b+w film at the moment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Polaroid 405 holder recently sold for $138.49 on ebay. That may not be cheap, but it's less then $200. There are some with asking bids of $195, but not sold. The 405 will hold the currently made Fuji peel apart films (fp100c and fp3000b/w). I'd guess if you're patient you can find one under $150.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin